Any Opinions On Getting A Driver?

Topic locked
any opinions on getting a driver? Apr 28, 2007
just been here 2 mos and the state of the roads is horrifying-- yesterday, in a cab, watching 3 cars merging from different lanes simultaneously? this is suicide on wheels...

i heard i can get a driver for 1500 dhs/mo which i could afford w/o problems

question: should i just suck it up or leave the driving to someone else?

Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2007
c'mon sydney drivers are worse than the ones here, i really can't see what's the big fuss about the driving here... i agree it's not ideal but unless you are used to driving in outback oz, most major cities around the world are pretty much the same!
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 28, 2007
i suppose-- but driving fast in rural oz is one thing-- there are so fewer drivers there

dubai is more like CBD sydney on permanent road rage steroids!

shaq wrote:c'mon sydney drivers are worse than the ones here, i really can't see what's the big fuss about the driving here... i agree it's not ideal but unless you are used to driving in outback oz, most major cities around the world are pretty much the same!
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2007
Stay on the slower lanes. I'm not kidding. When I get tired of all the tailgating/intimidation nonsense, I just move over from the fast lane and cruise at 80 kph behind all the Corolla/Sunnys to relax. Someone I know already proved that always driving on the slow lanes can give you a 100% no-accident rate for decades here.

Three lanes merging, well, just avoid those roads if possible. You haven't seen Sharjah's amazingly stupid roads yet.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 28, 2007
gtmash wrote:Stay on the slower lanes. I'm not kidding. When I get tired of all the tailgating/intimidation nonsense, I just move over from the fast lane and cruise at 80 kph behind all the Corolla/Sunnys to relax. Someone I know already proved that always driving on the slow lanes can give you a 100% no-accident rate for decades here.

Three lanes merging, well, just avoid those roads if possible. You haven't seen Sharjah's amazingly stupid roads yet.

this is theory worth trying sidney driver..

good luck.. is it realy so bad over there...
massi
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 29, 2007
will do-- the older i get, the more "slow lane" kinda guy i become!

massi wrote:
gtmash wrote:Stay on the slower lanes. I'm not kidding. When I get tired of all the tailgating/intimidation nonsense, I just move over from the fast lane and cruise at 80 kph behind all the Corolla/Sunnys to relax. Someone I know already proved that always driving on the slow lanes can give you a 100% no-accident rate for decades here.

this is theory worth trying sidney driver..

good luck.. is it realy so bad over there...
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2007
Comparing Sydney drivers to those in Dubai is laughable - worlds apart.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 30, 2007
At times I've even noticed that you get to your destination faster if you use the slower lanes

Ironic, i know
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto