Advice On Al Futtaim (dealing With Dealers)

Topic locked
Advice on Al Futtaim (dealing with dealers) Oct 07, 2009
I've only recently arrived in Ras Al Khaimah and am researching a purchase of a Toyota Fortuner, my first vehicle purchase in a number of years and my first ever purchase of a 4x4. I'm wondering if anyone here might have advice on dealing with Al Futtaim, anything from getting a better price to making sure the paper work is in order.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

RAKman
Dubai Forum User

Oct 07, 2009
Dude all the stealers suck, Al futtiam comes in 2nd in the sh!t list after Arabain Autos ( Nissan ). The stories I could tell you about the these two clowns !

Unless your car is under warranty, avoid all dealers like the plague.

P.S : I suggest get a prado instead of a fortuner.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 09, 2009
Still, they must be dealt with. Any advice on how to do so?
RAKman
Dubai Forum User

Oct 09, 2009
I see your already on the other forum. Seach their archives theres plenty of advice there
desertdudeshj

Oct 09, 2009
A search revealed many threads about problems encountered having cars serviced, none about dealing with sales staff. Which is why I posted the question. There. And here.
RAKman
Dubai Forum User

Oct 09, 2009
No discount, they will take care of all the paperwork or atleast guide you in the right direction
desertdudeshj

Oct 09, 2009
yeah comin from the states it was weird walkin into diff dealerships and gettin no service. they simply state the price and say that's it final price. nothing to talk bout cause they won't move on it.

and they wonder why they can't move any cars these days!
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 11, 2009
I suppose because of the lack of competition, except perhaps those importing from Oman.
RAKman
Dubai Forum User

Oct 11, 2009
They are the sole agents for Toyota so by law they have a monoply on new Toyota vehicles. Hence the world rejects land here and people pay top dollar for it. For eg:- In the US there is no V6, fabric seat, only casette player Land Cruiser. The standard spec US Land Cruiser is the same as the top of the range here, plus much more expensive and extremely crappy dealer service
desertdudeshj

Oct 12, 2009
I was wondering why so many cars come with cassette players here. Is there really that much demand? I know in many undeveloped parts of the world cassette is still a viable technology, but I assumed it would have died here much as it has in Japan, Europe, and NA.
RAKman
Dubai Forum User

Oct 12, 2009
Nobody uses tapes any more, like I said the cars we get here along with most other stuff like electronics and clothing are the worlds rejects and left overs.

This is the only place where you can still sell outdated, substandard crap at a premium price with zero or absolute horrid aftersale service.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto