Ayurveda

Topic locked
Ayurveda Oct 07, 2011
I've just come back from India and during my 6 week stay I investigated some alternative medicine therapies such as Ayurveda to problems that I already had.

Definition:
Ayurveda is an ancient natural healing system that uses various herbs, bark of trees etc. It stresses a balance of three elemental energies which they call vāta (air & space – "wind"), pitta (fire & water – "bile") and kapha (water & earth – "phlegm"). According to ayurvedic medical theory, these three substances — doṣas are important for health, because when they exist in equal quantities, the body will be healthy, and when they are not in equal amounts, the body will be unhealthy in various ways. Apparently, he said my vata had increased hence the back pain.

I had long term back ache (many years), stiff shoulder (6 months) and painful knee (6-12 months), back diagnoisis known via X-ray in U.K (it's actually L5/S1 disc degeneration from my Xray) but no cure for it other than try painkillers and back exercises, that didn't seem to do much.

Whilst in India my back pain got worse with the travel and sleeping on different beds (I like my own mattress) so met an Ayurveda doctor. He knew my condition and almost guaranteed my back pain would be cured.

It was actually a 14 day treatment but as I only had a week left he devised treatment for a week. I completed 6 days and whilst my shoulder pain had almost gone and knee improved, the back pain is still there though reduced.
It's something I will be trying again to fulfil the 14 day course as back pain is something I want to eliminate. I have found out that Ayurveda treatments are available in U.K too.

There are a lot of illnesses and pains that Ayurveda seems to address that conventional medicine seems to offer no further treatment for. The Ayurveda doctors seem extremely busy in India running alongside the alopathy (conventional) doctors. If I continue with further treatment in U.K or India will keep you updated incase any of you are also suffering with long term back ache or any other chronic issues uncured and I can at least tell you whether the back pain was cured or significantly reduced.

muddyleopard
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Ayurveda Mar 18, 2012
Hallo muddyleapard!!

Did you ever get your spine checked, X-Rayed? It may be crocked in that L5 area and that´s the actual problem. Ayurveda may not be able to fix That problem, if That is the actual cause and neighter will it acupuncture do. Have you ever consulted a spiritual healer that can straighten the spine and shoulder?? Reiki is also a spiritual healing technique but won´t be able to do such at all.
Mark8
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Alternative Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Alternative Medicine in Dubai