How Much For Accomandation In Dubai?

Topic locked
How much for accomandation in Dubai? May 02, 2007
Dear All,

my girlfirend and I have been for some weeks in Dubai last year and this year and we've loved it... It was a very nice time for us.

We're thinking about to move for 6 months to Dubai. We know that accomandation is quiet expensive in Dubai...

Can you tell us a range how much we need to pay for
a) a room
b) an appartment
c) something similar

if we rent it for 6 months?

It doesn't need to be close to the beach or with super service, but it should be clean...

Thanks for some answers...

Take care and hope to see you in DXB.

Anja & George

Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

May 03, 2007
...no one here with an idea for me? :(
Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

May 04, 2007
Your question is as vague as "how long is a length of string"

The average price of a studio in Dubai is around 4K per month depending on the location. If you give us more details as to where you plan to stay, etc, someone will surely have more advice
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 04, 2007
Hi

Thanks for your advice. I'm not sure where I need to stay as I don't know so far where I will work.

But I think it should be either close to the Dubai Airport
or
somewhere close to Dubai Media City or Logistics Park. Something like Springs, Greens, etc.

Rental would be for 6 months and we need just a room for two people...

Thanks, George

P.S. Your 4k is this something like all inclusive or do I need tto add some costs?
Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

May 05, 2007
I dont think that you are aware that the airport and the media city are on two completely different ends of the city.

But the airport side is much cheaper and you can stay at Diera, Bur Dubai for around 4K for a studio and add another 200-500 per month for electricity and water. There will also be a 10% brokerage charge and around 5000 refundable deposit

The greens and springs are too expensive unless you manage to find a room within an apartment or villa. The Gulf News is the best place to look
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 05, 2007
G'Morning!

Yes, I'm aware that this are the two ends of Dubai. As I said, I don't know so far who will be my boss, so I don't know where they're located...

Are there any "cheaper" areas close to the Media City/Logistics Park?

I just don't want to stay in the traffic jam every afternoon at the Seikh Zayed Road heading Bur Dubai...

Thanks,

George
Anja&Georg
Dubai Forums Member

May 08, 2007
Springs/Greens you're looking at around 90k-140 for the year. Obviously less if you can find one that is short term 6 months rental. If you are working in either DMC or Deira, you're opposit the traffic flow both ways. Bur Dubai is cheap, but if you're in DMC, you'll be with the traffic on SZR. Other areas around DMC are a litte further out you can also try....Gardens/Jebel Ali etc.

You also have to consider that most of these places are unfurnished, so if you're really only going to be here for 6 months, buying furniture etc would be useless so try looking at hotel/serviced apartments too.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai