Flatmate Required

Topic locked
Flatmate required Jan 25, 2007
Hi there,

I have a spare bedroom and am looking for a great flatmate.
It's a brand new building in the Greens, with pool, gyms etc.
The apartment is large, the room is very decent, and I am decent and down to earth.

In accordance with UAE's laws, I should probably share with another female. I am clean and tidy, non smoker, professional who works approx. 10 hrs x 5 days.

I've only been in Dubai for 2 months, but did lots of research before signing a lease. This place isn't the cheapest (if you pay only 40% as I am inclined to request, you'd be up for approx. 5k monthly), but it's by far the nicest and the best location - good proximity to DIC, DMC, Dubai Marina, Mall of the Emirates etc

No rush - only just decided to share. Send me a message if you'd like to know more.

PMS

PMS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2007
Hi pms

I am interested to have a look at it and share it with you. Sent you an email. I am a girl, Australian, also down to Earth, non smoker and tidy. I am arriving in Dubai on 30 January in the crack of dawn :D and will first stay the night in a hotel and can contact you from there. I travel light: one piece of luggage and a hand luggage. Minimalist !

Send me an email with your contact number as I will disconnect my mobile when I depart Australia and get a local number in Dubai.

Cheers
Margit

PS: I can bring a vegimite with me if you want !!!!! :lol:
Margit Levay
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2007
Guys,

Still looking for a "normal" flatmate who can commit to at least month by month.

There seems to be quite a few people wanting very short-term stuff, and I do understand the concept of "holding out for something cheaper"... but I must ask for at least 1 month committment, to offset the expenses from my side.

I am only asking 5k, which isn't waaaay cheap by any means, but it is heaps less then 50% of the apartment's rent.

Thanks, and in case I forgot to mention, there is only 1 (very nice) main bathroom and a WC/toilet for guests.

Thanks,
PMS
PMS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2007
yeaah,,,,its not easy when u find someone to share ur apartment and then they dump u in 3 months....then u have to suffer paying the costs all by urself till u find someone else....u need committed people like me....lets get married and then we wont even have legal problems :D

(im such a joker)
guest999

Jan 30, 2007
I'm sorry to point this out...

But who do you think would want to share a flat with someone who calls themself PMS?

:D
bear
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
haha Both of you are hillarious!

PMS is just the acronym of my name - my intials. It became a nickname once discovered, and has stuck since then.

It's an ironic nickname, actually... because I am very even tempered and not at all moody. Unlike many of the girls I know, which is just one of the reasons I am open to sharing with guys.

As for the 3 month thing, that's no biggie for me. I am simply looking for more than a day here and day there. Lots of people want a week to get their bearings after landing in Dubai, but it's not exactly mutually beneficial.

Not sure if I should spend money furnishing the room (at least a bed) or if I shoudl just lend the airbed in case the right person has nothing. I am already absorbing a much bigger portion of the rent to give me some choice in who I take, so am relucatant to bear (no pun meant, matey) any additional stuff.
PMS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2007
It's cool,

Saw the post had a giggle at it, though I would point it out to who ever missed it.

:D
bear
Dubai chat master

Jan 31, 2007
Hi PMS ... sorry mate, did not mean to upset you. Of course I am happy to stay with you and share the place for DH5000 per month - if I knew that the interviews I am attending to are fruitfull and one of them becames my employer and pays me a great package !!

The hotel I am in, is a dump in Australian terms - in all honesty - I am rolling laughing in my room every time I look around me and discover something so uniquely backwards.... :D But I have a roof over my head for now and will stay around town for say 10-15 days and evaluate the offered jobs.

I checked in the street directory and the area you live is very beautiful - I am sure you will get someone for a year at least ! I will still be in touch and check if it is available, and only if I am offered a great job opportunity - one that will make me decide to stay in Dubai. Otherwise for a similar salary, I may as well stay at home in the tropical North of Australia !!

Cheers .... :D
Margit Levay
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 31, 2007
Off topic I know, but it sure is a bit of a culture shock moving from Australia, especially if your first place you stay in Dubai is a hotel in Deira.

Hahah, makes me think back to it.

Good luck with your search Margit.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 01, 2007
Dr D

Culture shock alright !!! I did not realise it was going to be so difficult to get a hotel room for a couple of nights. They charged me AE450 per night and for such money you get in Australia a 3.5 star hotel accommodation and of excellent quality. The one in Deira had absolutely no idea what a hotel is all about. I ate dinner and felt sick as a dog heavens know what they used in the kitchen let alone understand what hygiene is all about !!

Luckily from today, through contacts of contacts I have a place to stay for AE3000 in a vila with 2 others - unfortunately in Midrif - a bit too far out as my job interviews would be rather in Jumeirah. Not planning to hire a car, taxis are cheap.

Where are you from ?

Cheers
Margit Levay
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 04, 2007
Still looking for the perfect housemate!

How's Margit going? Mirdif and Dubai treating you ok?

All the best,
PMS
PMS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 08, 2007
Hi PMS

Sorry I did not reply earlier. I had a job working for an oil and gas conference in Dubai for the last 5 days (and 65 hours all up!). Tomorrow I will sleep in right into lunch time !

I am still looking for a full time job. Obviously with the days spent as a hostess for an event management company, I did not have the opportunity of attending interviews let alone apply to jobs on line (which I will continue as of tomorrow).

Dubai is OK, not a place to go crazy about ... this is what I think so far. But if the salary is OK I might stay for a few years. Some expats are really great and I am meeting a few as I go along. A definite place for contacts of contacts.

If you like, we could meet for a coffee sometime next week or so - perhaps for afternoon tea at Burj Al Arab ?? :D My kind of place. Would not miss that, like I did it two years ago.

Cheers
Margit
Margit Levay
Dubai Forum Visitor

Accomodation required for a week from 28 Feb to 06 Mar,2007 Feb 19, 2007
Hello !

I will be visiting Dubai for a week from 28.02 to 06.03,2007 along with my son who will attend a golf coaching session with his pro. Would you be open to the idea of renting us your spare room for the abovementioned period, if so please mail me back at rupsha2001@hotmail.com .

Thanks
rupsha2001
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 20, 2007
Pardon the punt ... golf coaching with a pro in Dubai ... and you are looking for accommodation share for just a week and a wee bit ??? after being here for about a month, I can tell you that you will find most people are interested in a more permanent and long term rental ... you will find it difficult, maybe not impossible, but very difficult to get someone...

Two years ago I stayed at the hotel Riviera, quite central in the city and paid about A$175 per night if this info is of help. Very good hotel.
Margit Levay
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 22, 2007
good luck to all of you 8)
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 07, 2007
I'm ready to share the room on free of cost :?:
akbarbava
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai