Are Men Really Smarter Than Women?

Topic locked
Feb 16, 2006
kanelli wrote:Yes Arnie, I wanted to assert Canadian World Domination :wink:

:P :P

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 16, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
the less people that have nukes the better.... but wouldn't it make an awsome suicide bomb. you wouldn't strap the bomb to you, you'd be strapped to it., how would you get it onto a bus tho, or thru a restaurant door? :twisted:
richmc
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 16, 2006
Yeah, but have you ever watched a woman try to do something as simple as reverse park a car in a slot that could house a jumbo jet?....... Stands back and awaits the avalanache of abuse :wink:

Look girls, it's just a joke... most of my best and most intelligent friends in the whole world are women and they've just ordered me to write that on pain of my nuts being put into the nearest vice :shock: !
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Hiya said, "the domaince of the "white elite" they do not want us to be like them they r
holding us back just as men holding women..."

Yeah, yeah, white people always get the blame. :roll:

Hiya said, "and if u take a recent issue
which is the issue of Iran the white do not want iran to grow they see it
as a danger now iran is having nuclear power then they will be advanced
and they might reach western in some time.. so that is why the white is
making up all these excuses of iran being terrorists and a danger to the whole world they say they r gonna kill women childern...telln the world plz hold them back (exactly!)"

This is a completely ignorant statement. Yeah, the WHITE PEOPLE don't want Iran to have nukes. Have you considered that maybe Iran would love to blow Israel or the US off the face of the earth if they did obtain nukes? How about the fact that Iran could use oil as a weapon against the West - so maybe money is the reason they would want to act against Iran (which is not a good reason.) WHITE skin colour has nothing to do with it.

If you are really interested in whether men are smarter than women you could read up on some studies. I quickly dug up one news article reporting on a study (which is not like reading the study yourself, of course!) 'Men cleverer than women' claim - From BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4183166.stm

Personally, I think there is more to intelligence than just IQ. There is also the fact that after puberty many girls end up focusing on beauty and attracting a male rather than developing their brains. Finally, many women stay home with children, so that should not be used to say that they aren't intelligent, based on a perception of lower achievement. There are many factors involved in the issue.

Well the study has a point. Now Kanelli take for example Canada. The sex ratio (male to female students) is low in Canadian universities. The uni I study has 10 times more women than men (yeah yeah I am enjoyin :D ) but all the degrees which are tedious and hardcore have high male students eventhough the opportunity is the same.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 17, 2006
Just because women are interested in different subjects that don't pay as much money and aren't considered as rigorous (e.g. Engineering etc.) doesn't mean that women are less intelligent.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 17, 2006
kanelli wrote:Personally, I think there is more to intelligence than just IQ. There is also the fact that after puberty many girls end up focusing on beauty and attracting a male rather than developing their brains. Finally, many women stay home with children, so that should not be used to say that they aren't intelligent, based on a perception of lower achievement. There are many factors involved in the issue.
[/b]
I second that. That's why *us* women should work extra hard to prove our existence.
Hiya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2006
Women are already working hard. In this modern day, across many cultures, women are expected to work full time and be successful and advance in their career, while raising children and looking after the household chores. Unfortunately, many men are just working full time and then looking after their own hobbies. I remember reading one report on research that concluded that women do an extra month or more labour per year than what men do.

Here is some reading if interested. http://www.helsinki.fi/science/xantippa ... ee224.html
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 17, 2006
Men and women are different - I've recently been reading a good book that explains the differences, backed up by scans of the brains as well as other studies.

It doesn't say men are better, just explains why men and women are different..

For example, women can multi-task, men can't. One example is that if I'm watching television and the phone rings, I put the volume down ask everyone to be quiet and then talk on the phone. This is very strange to women who can easily watch telly, keep an eye on the kids, have 3! different topics of conversation on the phone with her female friends and still see the man picking his nose or whatever!!

Women have less spatial awareness than men though and think it a good idea to have maps that are printed 'upside down'. Men think this is a stupid idea as they can all visualise going from the top to the bottom of a map - women tend to need the map facing the direction they are going..

Anyway, the book is :

"Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It "
By Allan Pease and Barbara Pease

BTW - my wife refuses to read the book!! :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 17, 2006
also you gotta appreciate that every genius/inventor there was a mum that raised him and/or a wife that supported him. Women just work behind the scenes ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2006
And so the saying 'Behind every man, there's a good woman!'

The books being talked about are very interesting. There are also interesting tests you can do, which determine whether you have a male/female or balanced brain. Yes, some men actually have more female brains and vise versa.

As for the parking thing, OK tell that to the MAN I saw take up 3 entire parking spaces for his BMW because he was so crap, he thought one wasn't big enough - Oh how I laughed!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 18, 2006
my friend has a beamer 6-series and he does it on purpose so that no one would ding his car hahaha
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2006
No but he might find some key scratches down the side!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums