Mortgages

Topic locked
Mortgages Sep 10, 2006
Hi everyone

I'm hoping to put myself in a position to buy... So, I'm seeing RAKbank tomorrow to begin with, as I've heard good things about them.

I wondered if anyone had recently bought or got a mortgage, maybe you would reccommend a bank, or have a contact name that might help, or any advice at all?

Thanks
Magic

magicgenie
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Mortgages Sep 10, 2006
magicgenie wrote:Hi everyone

I'm hoping to put myself in a position to buy... So, I'm seeing RAKbank tomorrow to begin with, as I've heard good things about them.

I wondered if anyone had recently bought or got a mortgage, maybe you would reccommend a bank, or have a contact name that might help, or any advice at all?

Thanks
Magic

I wish you luck with your mortgage, for me personally, I have nothing good to say about that particular Bank.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Mortgages Sep 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
magicgenie wrote:Hi everyone

Thanks
Magic

I wish you luck with your mortgage, for me personally, I have nothing good to say about that particular Bank.

Sorry I should be a little more specific.

Make sure you get everything in writing, do not accept any verbal assurances like they will do it tomorrow etc. Get it all in writing and signed by a senior official / manager in the bank. Do not accept statements made by junior sales people, because they cannot speak on behalf of the bank and will let you down with a million and one excuses.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
As far as I know, each development / property company has specific banks which they accept mortgages from.
I recommend you decide what & where you want to buy first, and then see if mortages from RAK bank are accepted for that project.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum