I Need Your Help!!!

Topic locked
I Need Your Help!!! Aug 20, 2006
This is a few question that I would like to be answered, and it would be a big help to me.......

I have been short listed for a job in Dubai and would like some advice on the below Questions:

· What sort of salary would I need to live an ok lifestyle? I am being offered 35k GBP will this be enough??

· What is the expatriate community like, and is it easy to make new friends??

· Is it expensive to rent a 1 bed flat and what sort of cash are we talking about??

· Can you drink and party if you want too??

· This one is for guys and gals who follow footie and sport! Can you keep up to date with sport and watch premiership games??

· Any further advice you can give me would be soooo helpful, and I would be really grateful!!!

Sorry for the length of this message.

Thank you in advance for anyone who responds

Take care.

Stevo......

Stevo
Dubai Forum User

Aug 20, 2006
short answers...

depends, depends, depends, depends, depends, depends, yes, yes.

long answers here.

Sorry for the length of this post. I've typed out answers to most of that already somewhere (so have others). You'll get more useful stuff if you make it obvious you had a good look first.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2006
sharewadi wrote:short answers...

depends, depends, depends, depends, depends, depends, yes, yes.

long answers here.

Sorry for the length of this post. I've typed out answers to most of that already somewhere (so have others). You'll get more useful stuff if you make it obvious you had a good look first.

Thanks for your time.

I have looked on this site today for the first time, and as of yet I have found nothing that actually answers my specific questions.

As this is an English expatriate forum website I was ideally hoping for a little more understanding. It is extremely hard to make decisions regarding relocation without gathering, as may fact as possible relevant to the specific move and offer. If it is not something you want to get involved in by posting a constructive comment then move on without your sarcastic input, as what you have wrote it is not helpful or constructive and of no use to me!!!
Stevo
Dubai Forum User

Aug 20, 2006
Stevo wrote:Thanks for your time.

I have looked on this site today for the first time, and as of yet I have found nothing that actually answers my specific questions.

As this is an English expatriate forum website I was ideally hoping for a little more understanding. It is extremely hard to make decisions regarding relocation without gathering, as may fact as possible relevant to the specific move and offer. If it is not something you want to get involved in by posting a constructive comment then move on without your sarcastic input, as what you have wrote it is not helpful or constructive and of no use to me!!!

I did actually read and answer your questions, and gave you some good advice. Sorry you don't agree. Answers to some if not all those questions are in the forum somewhere. Would you like me to find them for you?

Or hopefully someone else will answer in a more helpful way for you.

Dubai Expat Helper

Re: I Need Your Help!!! Aug 20, 2006
Stevo wrote:This is a few question that I would like to be answered, and it would be a big help to me.......

I have been short listed for a job in Dubai and would like some advice on the below Questions:

· What sort of salary would I need to live an ok lifestyle? I am being offered 35k GBP will this be enough??

· Is it expensive to rent a 1 bed flat and what sort of cash are we talking about??

· This one is for guys and gals who follow footie and sport! Can you keep up to date with sport and watch premiership games??

· Any further advice you can give me would be soooo helpful, and I would be really grateful!!!

Take care.

Stevo......

Hey Stevo,

First of all this is an "English Speaking Forum" for anyone that would like to participate, so you will be communicating with multiple Nationalities and Cultures, not just "English"

I will try and give you some answers to your questions.

Your anticipated Salary comes out to about 21,000 pm in local currency, does this include or exclude the following;
Accomodation
Utilities
Transportation
Air Tickets
Furniture Allowance

A 1 bedroom Apartment in a medium area is probable gonna cost you +/- 60,000 per year.

You can drink and party but you should respect the local laws and culture, which in itself is not a problem providing you remember that respect is required.

Football, the Premiership is widely shown here in bars etc, live and up-to-date. Who do you support???

Let me have the answer to the questions I asked, by PM if you like and I will try and assist.

Otherwise, best of luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: I Need Your Help!!! Aug 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Stevo wrote:This is a few question that I would like to be answered, and it would be a big help to me.......

Take care.

Stevo......

Hey Stevo,

First of all this is an "English Speaking Forum" for anyone that would like to participate, so you will be communicating with multiple Nationalities and Cultures, not just "English"

I will try and give you some answers to your questions.

Your anticipated Salary comes out to about 21,000 pm in local currency, does this include or exclude the following;
Accomodation
Utilities
Transportation
Air Tickets
Furniture Allowance

A 1 bedroom Apartment in a medium area is probable gonna cost you +/- 60,000 per year.

You can drink and party but you should respect the local laws and culture, which in itself is not a problem providing you remember that respect is required.

Football, the Premiership is widely shown here in bars etc, live and up-to-date. Who do you support???

Let me have the answer to the questions I asked, by PM if you like and I will try and assist.

Otherwise, best of luck.

Thank you very much for your response!

I apologise, as I did not mean to offend with regards too thinking this was a forum just for English expats, and appreciate all help and advice that I can get.

I am getting the full offer this week, and appreciate your feedback, as I need as much info as possible to know what to ask in order to secure the best package.

I like to party, but I am very much a friendly drinker and think respect should be shown regardless of country.

Accommodation they help with but I need to clarify exactly what that means
Utilities same as above
Transportation TBC
Air Tickets They will provide
Furniture Allowance is this common as nothing has been mentioned as yet by the company.

It is all a bit mad trying to workout if you will be better off money wise making this move or not, so again thank you……
Stevo
Dubai Forum User

Aug 20, 2006
Stevo,

Utilities = Electricity & Water Bills

Transport Allowance or a vehicle you need to get around right.

Furniture allowance, who will provide the furniture in your apartment, 1 bed apartment to modestly furnish will cost you +/- Dhs.30,000.00 (4,500 pounds)

You can PM me if you like for some more information.

Good luck
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum