Superman... Worth Watching?

Topic locked
Superman... worth watching? Aug 15, 2006
Hey folks... been thinking about going to the theaters this weekend with some friends who are interested in watching the new Superman on IMAX. Without telling me the story now... is it any good?

sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Superman... worth watching? Aug 15, 2006
sgt_noodles wrote:Hey folks... been thinking about going to the theaters this weekend with some friends who are interested in watching the new Superman on IMAX. Without telling me the story now... is it any good?

on IMAX anything is good...but superman as a film sucks to high heaven...but then again they are trying to "re-introduce" the concept to the younger generations...so if you havent even seen any superman...its worth a watch...but if you have...go watch Nacho Libra instead...also the real 3D scene last for all of 20 mins...so the IMAX experiance isnt really a fully 3D one...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 15, 2006
i hated it, my friends and i left before the movie even finished.

sorry to anyone that liked it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
I loved it, but then I am a comic book super hero freak!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 15, 2006
A disappointing movie!
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 16, 2006
It depends if you bought into the yhpe or not - I didn't!

Yes it's long, yes it gets bogged down in the emotional side of things, but you have to remember they're trying to reintroduce Superman to a new generation, who might not have read the comics, watched the cartoons, the earlier tv shows, and have just watched 'Smallville'!

Don't forget it's been 20 years since the last Superman movie, one of the last lines in the last film was 'See you in 20!' - Spooky.

I think Brandon did a great job and his likeness to Christopher Reeve is a big help as well.

I think for the next movie, now all the establishing has been done, it'll be more kick ass. IMHO.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 16, 2006
When I was a little kid, I was mad about Superman. Then in my pre-teens came Batman, and then much later Spiderman... but there is only one dude who flies and can move the moon! I don't know if this movie is any good, but I'm gonna go watch it just for old times sake. By the way, I think the best superhero movie of all time is Spiderman II. I could so relate to Peter Parker... its unreal.
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 17, 2006
I was frustrated why didnt Superman die..........I ws yellinginthe theatre DIE superman DIE!!!!! and he comes back to life worse eh gets superboy! the 3d effects very cool though I saw in IMAX 3d!!!! 8)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 18, 2006
From all what I heard from freinds I didn't watch it.. I think it's not worth it !
Stormy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 19, 2006
I don't listen to other peoples opinions on movies and music, I like to make up my own mind.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 19, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I don't listen to other peoples opinions on movies and music, I like to make up my own mind.

Exactly my opinion... Best example for this lately was "The Descent". Had never heard about this movie and it got TERRIBLE reviews in Lebanon but for some reason my friends and I had a feeling it would be good. Turned out this movie is simply put one of THE best horror movies I've seen in my life and it actually got some great reviews in Europe and the US. So yeah, I never listen to anyone's opinion about movies...

Anyway back on topic, I didn't like Superman much... I guess i was just expecting much more than this. I mean let's try to compare Superman to a movie like Batman Begins... Now THAT was a movie. I've never really been a fan of superhero movies but I've always had somethign for the Batman series (the first movies ONLY of course... with Michael Keaton) So it was really a great surprise when I realized that Batman Begins was as good if not slightly better than the first movies.

Well let's hope that the next Superman movies will be better...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 13, 2006
superman was such a big let down. it was too long, short on plot and had very little action to it. perhaps it just suffered from over hype. anyway, Bryan Singer is making a sequel to it. lets hope he can improve on his first effort.
DubaiWriter
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk