Roadside Guillotines

Topic locked
Roadside Guillotines Aug 01, 2006
Well I am a bit of a walker. Yesterday I was walking down the road and noticed that the road signs and traffic signals were far too low in height. You can easliy get hurt if you are walking or get your head chopped off if you are jogging :D

Some restaurant & ATM canopies can make a hole in your head. The authorities better be taking care of this.

Just watchout guys!

dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 01, 2006
dale,

You're right! Low hanging traffic signs are a hazard for walkers! I think that traffic signs in general are just placed too low for motorists, causing many people to miss their exits for lack of sighting the exit in the first place.

I'm a walker too and so far the biggest hazard that I've encountered is the lack of sidewalks on some streets, which is very common and dangerous. One ends up walking on the road centimeters away from a moving cars. Or sometimes one has the option of "sand sidewalks" sinking ones shoes on sand is so not nice. I've always wondered, why the lack of sidewalks on so many streets in Dubai???
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 01, 2006
How about shops with glass doors that open them out not in.
Walk down Naif Rd, its like a ski slalom
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 01, 2006
Surely all these "obstacles" make for a more adventurous journey??

Just adding that little bit of excitement that the Dubai govenrment obviously feel is missing in people's lives
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 01, 2006
take the good side of it, u die fast and painless :twisted:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Roadside Guillotines Aug 01, 2006
dale wrote:Well I am a bit of a walker. Yesterday I was walking down the road and noticed that the road signs and traffic signals were far too low in height. You can easliy get hurt if you are walking or get your head chopped off if you are jogging :D

Some restaurant & ATM canopies can make a hole in your head. The authorities better be taking care of this.

Just watchout guys!

I never noticed ... but then I'm 5 feet tall on a good day ... perhaps thats why ... hmm
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 01, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Surely all these "obstacles" make for a more adventurous journey??

Just adding that little bit of excitement that the Dubai govenrment obviously feel is missing in people's lives

Zooter you are one positive guy! :D

I myself don't feel one bit adventurous when walking on a road while speeding buses are passing by!
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 01, 2006
raidah wrote:take the good side of it, u die fast and painless :twisted:

LOL
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat