English Graduate Looking For Work, Please Help!

Topic locked
English graduate looking for work, please help! Jul 22, 2006
Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and would appreciate any help or suggestions you could throw my way! I have recently finished my Msc in HRM having previously completed a Bsc in Accounting and Management. I've wanted to live in Dubai for some time now but I know it is easier said than done! Iv been trying to find suitable jobs, preferably in Banking and Finance but cant find any for recent graduates as most jobs require years of experience...

Please help!! Many thanks,
Liam

liam_pearce
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 22, 2006
Have you considered an internship Liam? It might be a good place to start. And its a good way to get the initial exposure you want. Most (not all) organizations in Dubai would prefer experience in Dubai or the GCC.

You may need to keep this in perspective. Getting a foot in the door in Dubai generally means having to start with a meagre salary and crazy hours, a compromise you may need to make in order to get the experience you need. As you become more valuable to organizations (due to the experience you gain) you will find more options will become available to you.

Kershaw Leonard has a special department which works on finding temp assignments for people which will also help you get the work experience you need. They work with several multinationals.

Hope that helps and good luck.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 23, 2006
Thanks very much for the suggestions, like you say it may be worth sacrificing in the short term for rewards later...As for internships, is it any easier to get a placement ( in terms of work permits etc) than it is for a full time job?
liam_pearce
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted