Broadband Domestic Internet Access

Topic locked
Broadband Domestic Internet Access Jan 17, 2005
Hi All

Can anyone tell me whether I can get fast broadband access installed in a private apartment in Dubai? My boyfriend is considering moving here and is a freelance journalist, so needs to be able to send stories and photos back to the US pretty quickly and efficiently.

If anyone knows how to go about this and how much it costs etc I'd be most grateful

Thanks in advance

June Griffin

June
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 17, 2005
well there are types of dsl connections avaliable. i would recommend the 512mb connection that is going for 250dhs a month. about $70 its unlimited so you can keep it on. this price is excluding the modem which prices range but i have a few secound hand ones i, willing to depart with for 125dhs or a brand new one for 275 from the company. they will also charge you a one time fee for the installation that would take about a week. and posibly for the installation of the software. my advise is tho dont pay for the installation its easy and i can instruct you on how ot do it.

all these products and services are offered from etisalat so there is no other option. there are cheaper dsl such as the 256mb for 150dhs. but if your frequent users of the net my first recommedation would be more appropriate.
FAKESPIKE

Jan 18, 2005
yo fake dont June's boyfriend sounds like a spy or smthin coz mmmm wonderin if i could juss crack down on dem organization hahahahh

LUNATIC
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Re: Broadband Domestic Internet Access Mar 07, 2006
Hello June,

I just read your message, and I would like to know if you already moved to Dubai. If so...Could you tell me where your husband work ? Actually, I am planning to do a journalism internship in Media City, and I need some help, have contacts...

Thanks very much for your help !

Ingrid

ingrid.jeanbaptiste@gmail.com

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat