Couple Looking For Flat

Topic locked
Couple Looking for Flat May 06, 2006
We are a married couple moving to Dubai in July/August and are looking for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom apartment/flat. Price range 45, 000 -
55 000 dhs per year.

cat_woman
Dubai Forum Guest

Accomodation in Dubai May 07, 2006
Dear Catwoman,

There are a few properties available within your budget, it is all dependant upon the location you may require and how far you wish to travel to and from work. If you are to be working within the Dubai Internet City or Media City then there are properties at the Marina Pearl within the top end of your budget for a 1 bedroom apartment.

The Rent will have to be paid upront in the form of 1, possibly 2 cheques so be prepared.

I hope this information proves useful.

Best wishes

Ashley

www.echo-xpats.com
at@echo-xpats.com
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Couple Looking for Flat May 07, 2006
cat_woman wrote:We are a married couple moving to Dubai in July/August and are looking for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom apartment/flat. Price range 45, 000 -
55 000 dhs per year.

You will find nothing in that range in Dubai. Not at all.

Sharjah, you will find. But do you really wanna live in Sharjah!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Accomodation in Dubai May 07, 2006
thorntonashley wrote:Dear Catwoman,

There are a few properties available within your budget, it is all dependant upon the location you may require and how far you wish to travel to and from work. If you are to be working within the Dubai Internet City or Media City then there are properties at the Marina Pearl within the top end of your budget for a 1 bedroom apartment.

The Rent will have to be paid upront in the form of 1, possibly 2 cheques so be prepared.

I hope this information proves useful.

Best wishes

Ashley

Ashley,

Are you stuck in a time warp or something??? :shock:

There is NOTHING in one or two bedroom in that price range in the Marina Pearl. Beleive me, I know that for a fact because I used to live there.

You can get a STUDIO in the top range of her budget and maybe even 5K more, but thats it...

Do you really expect a married couple to live in a studio???

The Marina Pearl is a HORRIBLE building. Shoddy build quality (even by Dubai standards) and the world's loudest AC unit in combination with the dust, smelly gym, sandy pool, and defective lifts make this the worst building in the Marina.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

You came, you saw, you're not going to conquer... May 07, 2006
Sorry to hear that!

I think if you have that kind of budget in Dubai, you can't expect to live in luxury, so why are you talking about dust, bad gyms etc... Why are you talking about space? Would you be able to get a big apartment for 50K? I don't think so.

So instead of being critical and difficult, why don't you provide solutions and advice.
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 07, 2006
Don't take it personally, I think he's just making sure these people know exactly what they will be getting for their money. Cause you don't want to get their hopes up and for them to find out what things are really like, right?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
The person asked for a one or two bedroom place.

That is impossible at that price in Dubai. You suggest a studio. That, my friend, is not helpful either so don't accuse me of anything.

In addition, I said the person could live in Sharjah but I don't like Sharjah...

Your suggestion to the poster was a non-starter.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai