Whats The Future Of A Web Developer In Dubai?

Topic locked
Whats the future of a web developer in Dubai? Dec 08, 2008
I've been into web programming and specially e- commerce development.. will be there in dubai on study visa and along side planing to get a job based on my previous more than 2 yr experience in web development.. what exactly should i expect from dubai? a place where is plenty of space for an experience web chap or a place where people dont know what web development really means?

Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 09, 2008
I've looked at the industry a little bit, being in IT I'm still not sure what to make of it.

I think there are opportunities for management positions, in IT, including web development, but as a general worker I believe it is not promising. Dubai seems to have man foreign workers who are paid very low wages, and you may be competing with that. It also depends on your background and experience of course.

Please kind in mind I have not been to Dubai but these are my observations from the outside.

Good luck in Dubai and please let us know what see and learn.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
thanks for the input mate.. your judgment might not be conclusive but i think as far as job postings on various dubai employment sites suggest that your observation applies to Dubai as well
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 09, 2008
No problem, I wish you the best of luck. I believe there are good jobs in Dubai if you look.

Keep in touch, I plan to visit Dubai early next year for tourism and business.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
yeah sure.. :)
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

May 31, 2009
I would say freelancing opportiunity is very much availalbe for web developer.. It will be a WIN-WIN suituation. for client and developer.

Hope this helps
Vijay
gulffreelancers
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 04, 2009
If you want to be in web development, I suggest you learn more then just web programming

some of the application you should focus on

- database integration
- web logic or websphere
- any application that is related to business process in web development such as Microsoft Biztalk server
- lots of specialize programming such as DLL File for web site

Enjoy
I love to do web programming but in professional I work most on Cisco Unified Communication networking.

Learn how to program for PDA devices.

Faisal Khan
VoiceBootcamp Inc.
voicebootcamp
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Whats The Future Of A Web Developer In Dubai? May 25, 2014
Electro ,The problem is there are tons of developers out their so there are less demand more supply even if demand goes high in future developers still get low wages because industries are running on low margins.
clixsense
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk