Dubai Property Market

Topic locked
Dubai Property Market Jul 15, 2010
What does everyone think about property in Dubai? I was one of the stupid/unlucky ones that bought at the high. People say I shouldn't worry as its where I live and it will eventually go up but nevertheless it sucks. Would like to hear if anyone has strong views about where prices go from here. :?:

Daniel77
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dubai Property Market Aug 16, 2010
It could be many years before you see a return.
Interest is very low at the moment and a double (actually a triple) dip is highly likely.
I'm in the same situation as you, but am lucky that at least my properties are paying for themselves and I am optimistic enough about the future of Dubai to hold onto them.
Some people would like to see Dubai fail totally, which is a worst case scenario, but this is not realistic.
The foundations of tourism and trade remain strong and Dubai will forge ahead as it has always done. Real estate recovery will follow at some point.

You are also obvioulsy happy enough to stick with it despite feeling stupid like me.
And I'm not the type to say "it could be worse", "at least you have your health" and crap like that, but its the truth.
I am just going to have to live for the next decade, rather than "live for tomorrow" as I would have liked.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Dubai Property Market Aug 22, 2013
Dubai property prices has just increased 6% recently now.
DubaiProperty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dubai Property Market Sep 12, 2013
from last year increased 21.7% but...will drop on the end of this year
Webster
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai