Watching Germany 2006 On TV

Topic locked
Watching Germany 2006 on TV Apr 11, 2006
Is it true that only a suscription channel called ART has the rights for Germany 2006? And that you have to pay about 1000 Dhs to watch the matches? Any idea which cable company offers this channel, Showtime or Orbit?

That sucks!

Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Watching Germany 2006 on TV Apr 12, 2006
Julieta wrote:Is it true that only a suscription channel called ART has the rights for Germany 2006? And that you have to pay about 1000 Dhs to watch the matches? Any idea which cable company offers this channel, Showtime or Orbit?

That sucks!

I know it sucks big time but ART had got the rights for all the middle east and north africa.
I think it would be better you go and watch the matchs with ur friends somewhere out like in a bar or so, I'm sure it will be fun :D :D
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2006
any pubs/clubs showing the matches that you know of?
dell
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 13, 2006
Thanks for the tip Wafaey, however, unfortunately not practical for me as I will be about to give birth by then, so can't see myself in a pub with a huge belly!
Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2006
Julieta wrote:Thanks for the tip Wafaey, however, unfortunately not practical for me as I will be about to give birth by then, so can't see myself in a pub with a huge belly!

I'm sure that there will be alot of cafes that is showing it too, they show the uefa chapions league and I can tell you for sure they will show the WB.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 15, 2006
Showtime subscribers: dhs 650 World Cup fee.
First Net Sports subscribers: 857 World Cup fee.
First Net World Cup only subscription: dhs1,800.

I'd rather pee my money up against the wall then give it to a Firstnet or Showtime and aggree with Wafaey, A Pub or Cafe will be the best place to see the world cup.

However, If I had to watch it at home, I would go down to Satwa and ask if anyone knows what 'M' Net is. You will soon find someone only be too happy to help. www.supersport.co.za
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum