Cycling

Topic locked
Cycling Apr 11, 2006
I just heard that they are going to ban bicycles in dubai. Is it true that you cant ride a bike on the roads here?
Its getting more and more congested in downtown so they should have special tracks for cyclists. Moresoever its good for the environment.

You hear this news when you plan to buy a bike to get of that extra kilo....
Boo Hooo :(

gamechee
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2006
They are not banned yet. They have tried to ban them in Sharjah...get this...by saying that only 'licenced' cycle riders are allowed on the streets, however, there is NO licence for a bicycle!!!!

Sort of left hanging at the moment, but I am sure that someone will realise that it is utter madness trying to stop bicycles in the UAE. How will the lazy sod who lives in the 1st floor apartment get his delivery of a 1Dh can of coke from the grocery 3 doors down?

As a dedicated mountain bike riding freedom fighter, I await the day they try to impose the restriction! There will be anger in the streets and hoards of bicycle bell ringing delivery boys will be making a loud jingly protest outside the municipality offices! Bring it on!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 12, 2006
the restaurant guy near to my office wd even come to deliver a 50f thingy. imagine!
gamechee
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat