Bully For You.......

Topic locked
Bully for You....... Jan 08, 2013
One of the more sad stories I remember from 2012 (remember 2012??) was the suicide of young Amanda Todd.
She claimed she was bullied, mostly on, of all the places, Facebook!

I couldn't really understand how one can be bullied online on the internet. I thought you could just log off, and that would be that.

I hate bullies and bullying. Luckily, have been able to stand up to them right till this day.

I remember a time when I was about 10 or 11 and my parents got me a brand new bike.
I rode on this from one end of our street to the other, and over the days and weeks ventured further and further afield. I scrupulously avoided the neighborhood bullies, but one hot afternoon I was too pre-occupied with my bike, which by then had attained the status of a Ferrari in my imagination, as I whizzed dangerously around streets and sidestreets and narrow alleys.
I saw these 5 boys that were about my age but known as the neibourhood toughs, blocking my way. I knew there was going to be violence and that probably they would beat me up. So heart pounding, I dismounted and laid the bike on its side, as the five approached me with taunts and rude language. As they got nearer, I started rotating and swinging both my arms, whoosh! whoosh! whoosh! I must have looked like a windmill, but not being trained in any form of art of fighting, this is the best I could do! They were probably as inexperienced as I was, and couldn't get near me or my bike!
Anyway, the fracas didn't last more than a few minutes; they lost interest and went away, and I got back on my bike.
I was never bothered after that in that neighborhood again. In fact I vaguely remember becoming friends with some of them later.
Surprisingly, I still come across bullies! Only last week, someone tried to ram his SUV into my car from the side, just because he was driving erratically, and I accelerated to get away from him and out of harm's way!

FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 08, 2013
Those are very sad stories, teenagers ending their lives because of bullying. Bullies donot know what they are doing sometimes. I donot think "bossman"for example knows s/he is a 100% bully, while s/he is a prime example of your neighbourhood bully and stalker.I actually think "bossman" thinks s/he is doing the right thing...
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman , Bully?? why would you say that? did i bully you ? just cause im winding up that jackass BM character doesnt make me a bully.

i never bullied kids at school , i dont bully people on the road even thou i drvie Larger American SUV . and i dont bully people at work even thou im the boss

BTW im a he
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

bossman wrote:FlyingDutchman just cause im winding up that jackass BM character doesnt make me a bully.

Dont big yourself up, it would take a real man to wind me up and you dont fit that criterea
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed , that real man would be a "real" fool to hang out with you. im happy i dont meet your criteria, who would want to meet a jackass like you ?
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Phew! You've had a lucky escape Bossman :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 09, 2013
bossman ,

Show some respect to the lady. You are beginning to sound more and more like a testosterone fired teen, what they used to call "Juvenile Delinquent" back when!

I hope you dont turn out to be a nerdy teenager in reality rather than the SUV driving flamboyant bossman that you are projecting to us. That's usually the case; I hope I am wrong.
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

FF2 ,you call that a lady?

seriously , you need to ask that question to yourself a hundred times.

if i was flambouyant i would mention the make of my SUV, but i rather not because i know that would be showing off. really it doesnt matter cause this is the internet.

testosterone? if you got balls you got testosterone.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

bossman wrote:FF2 ,you call that a lady?

seriously , you need to ask that question to yourself a hundred times.

if i was flambouyant i would mention the make of my SUV, but i rather not because i know that would be showing off. really it doesnt matter cause this is the internet.

testosterone? if you got balls you got testosterone.

I expect you are very small in the man department.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

OK, lets stop attacking each other and discuss how to manage the real bullies, like the one that wanted to jam the SUV into FF's cars.
BTW did he manage to do it? How did you escape?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

BMreformed , even a 747 would look small compared to your Grand canyon :)

--- Jan 09, 2013 ---

Andyba , never said i was gonna jam anything into anyone

i wouldnt even waste my time to think of such things
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Andyba wrote:OK, lets stop attacking each other and discuss how to manage the real bullies, like the one that wanted to jam the SUV into FF's cars.
BTW did he manage to do it? How did you escape?

Yes, lets hear about FFs escape! Give it up for BMW! Yea!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 10, 2013
Andyba ,
BMreformed ,

I was driving on the highway; there was some rain and so visibilty was not too good. Having seen some of the statistics about deaths from Road Accidents, as well as the effects, I am a careful driver now. I beleive in the principal of considering every driver except myself to be mad.

Well, I looked in the mirror and saw a white SUV weaving recklessly through the traffic. Finally, he decided to stick about 6 inches or less from my tail!

I have two strategies for situations where there might be danger of an accident due to poor driving by some idiot. Slow down, or speed up, and get as far away and as fast as you safely can from danger. So, finding a gap in the traffic, I accelerated away, and lost him. I thought that was the end of the story!

Ten minutes later as I was on the exit road from the Highway, I saw the SUV appear from out of the blue, out of the corner of my eye, heading straight for me! He came very close to my side, then swerved back into the Highway. There was lots of honking, and hand waving and rude gestures!!

I didn't know whether to laugh or not. But it struck me as immature and funny behaviour. He obviously felt insulted. Small egos are easily piqued, beware :wink: They should come with a warning label!

In the past, I might have succumbed to "road rage", but that's bad for your blood pressure!
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 14, 2013
haha
BrunoSalgueiro
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 17, 2013
I don't remember if I've ever been bullied and see no reason why people take their lives for it. :roll:
ririfenty
Dubai Forum User

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 18, 2013
ririfenty wrote:I don't remember if I've ever been bullied and see no reason why people take their lives for it.

Neither do I; but then it takes all sorts of people to make planet earth. Who knows how it feels to be bullied, to a particular mind-set? All depends on how one looks at the world :)
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 18, 2013
IMO I think internet bullying is a joke. By joke- I mean the concept of it, not its effects. I've been "bullied" in the internet before, whether it be .from death threats to threats concerning the internet police XD. I deal with these frivolous comments by making the keyboard warrior/internet toughguy angrier. Its really fun
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Bully For You....... Jan 19, 2013
That's one way of dealing with it ^^
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Death threats? I can't remember anyone voicing those thoughts to me but I bet they've had them. PMSL.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

ririfenty wrote:I don't remember if I've ever been bullied and see no reason why people take their lives for it. :roll:

That is probably coming from an adult. I can imagine that for a teenager this can be very traumatic in a period where a child tries to find a place in the world, and a sense of belonging. When s/he is bullied in this vulnerable time of life, it leaves scares for the rest of life. Talk to anybody who has been bullied, they have permanent problems with intimacy and trust. Bullies never realize the damage they do.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat