Lying On Your CV

Topic locked
Lying On Your CV Jan 31, 2012
Ok Guys & Gals,

I applied for a job in DXB and will have no problem performing day to day activities. However, if I lied a little bit on my CV........let's say changed my title from a Analyst to Supervisor.

Can I get in trouble for that in the UAE ? I know Dubai has some very strict laws. What do you guys think ? thanks.

usaexpatdxb2012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Lying On Your CV Feb 04, 2012
Don't put false information on resumes. You will face legal issues if your employer decides to do so. Good companies do background checks.

Changing from analyst to supervisor is a big change which can get you into troubles.
NinethSense
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Lying On Your CV Jun 27, 2012
I second that. Strictly No Lies! It might get you a job in the short-term, but it may get you banned from the UAE altogether in the long-term. UAE is very strict about this and be very very careful what you write in your CV. If you are capable, you will gradually get promoted to the role you desire anyway.

Hope this Helps!
dubaiforever
dubaiforever
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Lying On Your CV Jul 17, 2012
Keep in mind one thing... while writing your resume. Do NOT write anything, which you can defend in an interview.. so a little lie can create big problems for your career. so its better to stick to truth..

Good Luck :)
UAEBizemirates
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai