Entertainer Books

Topic locked
Entertainer books Nov 17, 2011
Just wondering if anyone uses these. I got one last year, but it is pretty much impossible to make any sort of dent in the thing, unless you're eating out every night and going here there and everywhere each weekend.

There's no doubt you get your money back within a few uses, but do most people end up giving the vouchers away?

For those that don't know, the Entertainer books contain 2 for 1 vouchers for many eateries and activities places. It normally costs about 350dhs. They now have a fine dining version and a health, fitness and spa one too, plus a travel one.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Entertainer books Nov 17, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:Just wondering if anyone uses these. I got one last year, but it is pretty much impossible to make any sort of dent in the thing, unless you're eating out every night and going here there and everywhere each weekend.

There's no doubt you get your money back within a few uses, but do most people end up giving the vouchers away?

For those that don't know, the Entertainer books contain 2 for 1 vouchers for many eateries and activities places. It normally costs about 350dhs. They now have a fine dining version and a health, fitness and spa one too, plus a travel one.

I used to get the book price back from Meydan race nights but that deal has gone.

I find I still get the deals through vouchers given by others so no need to buy.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Entertainer Books Nov 17, 2011
Just got the new ones. I never use those books. Last year there was a group of women that I donated the books to. There are quite a few families here that live on a tight budget so I thought they could share the coupons and make a purchase or get to go out at a discount or on 2 for 1 coupons. I knew that they would put them to better use as opposed to going to waste and me tossing them in the garbage.

Now I have to decide where I'm going to donate the new books. Probably to Feline Friends or one of the other pet rescue operations so that they can sell them. Or, there is a lovely lady who puts together "care bags" for the laborers and she takes book donations, then sells them. She's preparing the Christmas bags and she may be able to sell the coupon books and make a nice piece of change.

As much as I love dogs, sadly K-9 doesn't get a dirham for me. Had a very unpleasant experience with a woman, who I believe runs the operation, who may have been bitten by a dog and possibly has rabies.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I usually buy the Entertainer and feel I get my money's worth. I leave it in my flat and anyone who uses my place gets to help themselves to any of the vouchers.
Donating them to a good cause seems like a really good idea. I would bever have thought of that.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I like the idea of donating the vouchers, that's a great idea. I think they're worth getting.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat