Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped

Topic locked
Finger flick Doc charges dropped Sep 14, 2011
So he got acquitted due to lack of evidence? I have a sneaking suspicion that had he not refused to return to Dubai and attend the court hearings, he probably would have been charged. What about the poor guy who gave in his passport for him?

http://www.7days.ae/article/news/nation ... ture-29283

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 15, 2011
I wish you could tell me what is the reason behind you being so concentrated the the locals and everything they are involve in ! aren't you afraid it will drive you to insanity ? :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Finger flick Doc charges dropped Sep 15, 2011
Nothing to do with locals id, it's to do with the justice system here. In this case, ok the judge saw sense and dropped it because of lack of evidence BUT this is pretty much a one off. We all know that if something gets media attention and the fact he refused to return to face trial has a bearing, because they don't want to be portrayed in a bad light.

Can you honestly say that the same verdict would have been passed if the doctor returned to face trial?

To be honest I'm pretty appalled at him not coming back, because if a guilty verdict had been returned, then the poor person who gave in their passport as guarantor would then face the penalty.

It is what it is, when are you going to learn that Kid?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 15, 2011
There are some real maniacs on the road here. It seems that almost everyone who lives here long enough has someone try to run them off the road or else deliberatly collide with them.

I find it bizzare that if someone intentionally puts other peoples lives in danger, and someone else flips them off, the homocidal maniac gets off scott free and the guy with the finger goes to prison.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Finger flick Doc charges dropped Sep 17, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:Nothing to do with locals id, it's to do with the justice system here. In this case, ok the judge saw sense and dropped it because of lack of evidence BUT this is pretty much a one off. We all know that if something gets media attention and the fact he refused to return to face trial has a bearing, because they don't want to be portrayed in a bad light.

Can you honestly say that the same verdict would have been passed if the doctor returned to face trial?

To be honest I'm pretty appalled at him not coming back, because if a guilty verdict had been returned, then the poor person who gave in their passport as guarantor would then face the penalty.

It is what it is, when are you going to learn that Kid?

naa I don't think you specifically is interested in the justice system, with you it's always brits Vs locals, the sad thing with you is that you always exclude the possibility that the brits or the expats in general is the guilty one. now from reading the daily newspaper ,the recent events in the UK and your prime minister calling you a sick society.. well hon you reputation proceeds you guys.and sincw when UAE the 2nd country that jails brits gives a rat as* about them :?

and what does it really tells you of this brits when another guy trusted him with his passport and he turned his back on him never to come back? you guys never stop to amaze me.

What ever happened with the pervious xpats Vs locals ? you seemed to stop following them? Or are we as usual waiting for 7days? Well don’t, bcz most of them turned to be nothing but … a one side view as usual.

[b]contribute into making this city safer and not turning it to one of London streets.and one French fugitive is enough[/b] :lol:

It is what it is, when are you going to learn that choc ?
uaekid

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 17, 2011
The main problem with the justice system kid is that a single muslim's testimony is taken as fact... as if they never lie... no oath, nothing necessary.
But not only was the local a muslim, but also a police/army officer, which puts even more weight behind his testimony.
The evidence was there. The local's testimony is more than enough to send someone to jail.
I am amazed that the british guy got let off.
The local lawyer is claiming this to be an example of the fairness of the justice system, but this is total crap.
The truth is that they knew that he wasn't coming back to face the music and decided against jailing his mate who's passport they were holding.

But forget all of that.
Why the hell does a local need to get the courts to send someone to jail for giving him the bird. Is he too much of a coward to sort it out himself?
Is is what it is. When are you going to learn.
benwj

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 17, 2011
your comment is just a meth benwj that spreaded quicly :) locals are in jail bcz of philipenas and indians.

as of the local I would say he is cecy who couldn't sort it himself but I guess some people prefers to sort by the law instead of the juncle barbaric way . I ll go for the second choise fight fight fight
uaekid

Re: Finger flick Doc charges dropped Sep 18, 2011
Kid, why do you not understand that to take someone to court, with the threat of jail for such a 'minor, petty' thing is just sooo stupid?! In any other court you'd be laughed out, people don't take you to court and jail for a small insult. Don't you understand that in the grand scheme of things it's ridiculous?

A waste of police/court etc time, when they should be out catching the REAL criminals? That's what we disagree with, that and the blatant favouritism. The justice system is not fair by any stretch of the imagination. You're pressumed guilty until proven innocent - EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!!!!

Locals are in prison because of Filipinos etc? What like the guy who got his maid pregnant? And still denied it even though a DNA test was positive the child was his? Please give us a break.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 18, 2011
uaekid wrote:I ll go for the second choise fight fight fight

Yeah right.
Flip flops at 10 paces more like it.
benwj

This just underscores the importance of avoiding confrontations with locals. There seem to be a few locals like UAE kid who would love to pick a fight with a foreigner then expect the legal system to protect them.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

blueshift wrote:This just underscores the importance of avoiding confrontations with locals. There seem to be a few locals like UAE kid who would love to pick a fight with a foreigner then expect the legal system to protect them.

I don't know. A friend of mine who got into a bit of trouble, found the young Emirati who's car he hit, was so apologetic once he found out how much trouble my mate was in and said if he'd known that it was going to be that bad, he wouldn't have inisted on the police coming straight away.

I would like to think that no one gets pleasure out of seeing another person in trouble.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

There are all kinds of people in the world.

Most people don't get pleasure from seeing another person in trouble, but some do.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Finger flick Doc charges dropped Sep 18, 2011
I am so glad that my Ghanaian Brother was not jailed.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 19, 2011
UBS $2 Billion+, Kweku Adoboli is still inside and unlikely to be free for the next 5 years ;)

Bet he's glad he wasn't based in Dubai ... hhahhahahahah

one Ghanaian brother out, one Ghanaian brother in !!
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:UBS $2 Billion+, Kweku Adoboli is still inside and unlikely to be free for the next 5 years ;)

Bet he's glad he wasn't based in Dubai ... hhahhahahahah

one Ghanaian brother out, one Ghanaian brother in !!

The difference is Bro. Kweku probably deserves it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

In other news, a man robs and threathens to kill a man, and he "fails to show up " in court

i dont know many people in countries with per capita gdp over 15000 $, who would rob from a poor worker who probably earned less than 1000 dhs month...

http://www.emirates247.com/news/jobless ... 9-1.419245

jobless Emirati allegedly threatened to kill a Bangladeshi worker he robbed at least twice.

The accused made the threat to deter the victim from informing the police, the Dubai Criminal Court heard.

AA, 21, who failed to appear in court was accused by the Prosecution of threatening EA, 43, robbing him and damaging his mobile phone.
"He came to my residence with other men and threatened to kill me by putting a knife to my throat, asking me to remain silent. He stole Dh3,000 from the room," EA told the police.

EK, 46, Bangladeshi, driver, who witnessed the incident, testified that he heard AA tell EA he would return every week to take Dh500.

EA begged the attacker to give back the money as he was a poor man and took care of his ill mother.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Finger flick Doc charges dropped Sep 20, 2011
That's just awful isn't it. In a case that severe, why wasn't the accused remanded in custody? But then hey one of the guys who beat up a pregnant woman was allowed his passport to leave the country.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Finger Flick Doc Charges Dropped Sep 20, 2011
blueshift wrote:There are some real maniacs on the road here. It seems that almost everyone who lives here long enough has someone try to run them off the road or else deliberatly collide with them.

I find it bizzare that if someone intentionally puts other peoples lives in danger, and someone else flips them off, the homocidal maniac gets off scott free and the guy with the finger goes to prison.

this ^ :shock: so many rude people on the roads but you can't do much. beat them up, you get sent to prison for a beatdown and probably some raping from a big hairy man :lol: :x
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat