Good Enough To Move?

Topic locked
Good enough to move? Jul 29, 2011
Hi all,

I was offered a package of around 18000/month.
With one return flight every year.

From what I've been searching and finding, life in there is very well expensive.
I'm supposed to be working at Internet City and would like if there is someplace nearby that is worth to live in. Something like quality between price and quality. Maybe this may sound as stupids questions, but taking into account that I never been there and I'm a bit lost. :)

I'm a person that enjoys going out, for dinner, party so ... overall like to entertainment :)

Do you recommend any place, is this more or less good for Dubai?

thank you
Alex

-- Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 pm --

Hi again :)

This currency is AED not USD. Otherwise would be easy to take the decision :)

Thanks in advance
Alex

etherealsoul wrote:Hi all,

I was offered a package of around 18000/month.
With one return flight every year.

From what I've been searching and finding, life in there is very well expensive.
I'm supposed to be working at Internet City and would like if there is someplace nearby that is worth to live in. Something like quality between price and quality. Maybe this may sound as stupids questions, but taking into account that I never been there and I'm a bit lost. :)

I'm a person that enjoys going out, for dinner, party so ... overall like to entertainment :)

Do you recommend any place, is this more or less good for Dubai?

thank you
Alex

etherealsoul
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Good Enough To Move? Jul 31, 2011
18,000 is good, but would be great if you:
Are getting a housing allowance.
Are getting a shipping allowance.

If you have no extras, then it could be tight if you have an active social life and you won't save anything, IMO.

Food is expensive and so is having a social life. If you drink it is advisable that you don't drink and drive and take a taxi. If you get stopped is is a serious offense.

You can look at Al Barsha, Tecom, the Marina, Jumeriah Beach Residence and Jumeriah Lake Towers for an apartment. You can find studios and 1 bedrooms. You will have to pay the utilities. If there is a cooling charge you will have to pay that as well. These areas are minutes away and you can take a taxi.

You can look for something furnished, otherwise you will have the expense of furnishing it yourself unless you are getting a furnishing allowance, but many companies stopped giving them some time back.

Rent is paid in advance. Most landlords will require 1 check but some will accept 2 or 3. If 2/3 the first check will be payable upon signing the lease and the remainder will be post dated and given to the landlord. If you get a housing allowance the company will either give it up front or it will be distributed with your salary during the course of the year (12 paychecks).

Take a look on dubizzle.com for: apartments/rent in the areas I mentioned above, furniture and cars. If you have to furnish the apartment at your expense you can get some great stuff at great prices. You may want to rent a car for a month or so to determine if you really need one - cost and insurance - or maybe a taxi is doable.

Good luck.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Good enough to move? Aug 01, 2011
Hi,

Thank for the tips over this topic.
Guess that I will do a bit more investigation and try to negociate. :)

Cheers
Alex
etherealsoul
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Good enough to move? Nov 13, 2011
andy888 wrote:i want to know usually how much a salery at dubai for a job

How long is a piece of string? Can't answer that unless we know what kind of job you're looking for.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Good Enough To Move? Jan 16, 2012
your experience and sex count for this, F always get more
uaemovers
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai