Best Place To Buy Cars?

Topic locked
Best place to buy cars? Oct 18, 2004
Other than local newspapers and 2nd Hand car dealers, where's another good source to look for cars?

Or, can anybody suggest a reputable 2nd hand car dealer.

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 18, 2004
the three best car markets are:
1. Sharjah car market
by far the biggest market in the country, it offers an excellent range of cars and the prices aren't inflated like they are in dubai's car market.

2 .Ajman market
Ajman car market has many performance cars, and is probably the cheapest of the three major markets. be warned however, if you live in Dubai or Sharjah registering a turbo could be tricky due to new laws recently passed ( best check up on it ). the only draw back to ajman is that it offers very little in terms of selection and most the cars are pretty dated because the dealers tend to leave the newer cars for the markets in Sharjah and Dubai. Finding the place can be a bit tricky as well.

3. Al Awair car complex
located in Dubai, it offers the latest and rarest in cars and also has a big selection ( no where near as big as Sharjah's). Be warned however that all prices are over inflated because the complex caters for the more upscale crowd ( plenty of H2's)

I recomend sharjah it offers the best of both worlds, a wide variety of new and old without the padded prices of Dubai

what are you looking for by the way? maybe i can help.

Oct 19, 2004
Cheers for the advice.

Not entirely sure what I am looking for at the minute. Have been reading the local "rags" to see what is on offer.

Certainly some of the car dealerships are offering good deals on new cars for around dhs100,000 which is about my budget. Been looking at the Nissan 350X, Seat Leon Cupra R, Bimmer Z4, Bimmer 330Ci, or Mercs (Kompressor). In terms of secondhand, 2002/3 car! Mileage seems to be a problem in Dubai. A lot of cars have high mileage! Again, within the 100K bracket.

Want something fast and stylish, yet comfortable.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 19, 2004
think american muscle my friend! nothing says " hey ladies i'm single and rich" like a vette with the top down rolling on chromies!

Oct 19, 2004
Anonymous wrote:think american muscle my friend! nothing says " hey ladies i'm single and rich" like a vette with the top down rolling on chromies!

This may be true, but with the top down all they will see is a pool of sweat in the footwell.

I have thought about it, but I want something that handles around corners, and is not just good in a straight line!

What "Yank Tanks" do you know are on offer?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 19, 2004
american cars aint kicking it for shit they lousy as hell an cant control on no corners

i had a bmw M3 latest shape till about a month back its a nice ride but u get tierd of it after a while its a great car to look at but other then that there is not much thrill cause of all the saftey in it

right now i got a subaru impreza wrx sti damnn it rocks ill give it better grades then the bmw and the sound it makes shit it just turns you on
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 19, 2004
Jamal.

I have been searching for a STi. where u get them from and whats the going rate to buy them?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2004
STi's are pretty tough to get a hold of, most of them have right hand steering. In fact most jap pocket rockets here are right hand, if you'r looking for jap performance the best most can do is a liner Gts-T ( the turbo is hard to find as well ) or something along the lines of a starlet GT Turbo. While they may handle pretty good around corners a chev muscle car can chop either in terms of straight line speed. the markets offer heaps of 6-speed Camaro z28's. If you'r a street racer on a budget a F-body is you'r best bet, unless that is you'r dumb enough to street race around tight bends.

In terms of handling nothing corners better than an MX5 or MR2, however, the few i did come across in the dubai market had bullshit inflated prices!

Oct 20, 2004
I did not think RHD cars were allowed in Dubai?

I have seen a few Z28's advertised but I have no idea on what they are like as a car. The STi would be my ideal car, although i did see a Evo VIII advertised, but it was the Yank spec, so not as good as the Jap ones!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2004
RHD cars are everywhere in Dubai, i went to a dealer a week ago who must've had at least half a dozen GT-R's Supra's and STi's, the thing is they're all for export and cannot be registered in Dubai or Sharjah ( even if it's converted).

An STi would rock but their damn near impossible to come across, there is a dealer in sharjah who must have 20 in his dealership but they're all RHD.

You should take a Camaro out for a test drive, it's handling isn't as bad as most might think ( but don't compare it to a wrx or evo) and it can give most other cars on the street a run for their money with stock specs.

Evo's tear it hard as well, they come with Brembo's factory and combined with 4 wheel drive make it an excellent autocross car, but again their rare as hell

Oct 20, 2004
I aint telling you all how i got mine that shit is top secret and ohh yeah it is a LHD an it is registerd in dubai

and i mean how how in the fcuk could you two even mention american cars in this fold man shit are u all stupid or just damnn lame i dont care weather its on a straight road only but american cars are a heap of shit just placed there to cause strictly only noise poloution so please next time if you wanna move ur geographical knowledge of cars more to the west the max west you move from jap should be europe an u should stop there cause beyond the atlantic lays scraps of shit

and ohh yeah the STI smokes the EVO on a track but if its like a drag the EVO can maybe edge it by bout 1/4 of a meter
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 21, 2004
I was looking at the Seat Leon Cupra R as well. Nice looking car, 1.8T engine, 225bhp, but can be tuned/re-mapped for 275bhp. FWD, brembo's come as standard as well.

STi, man, that is just an awesome machine, in white please! and a/c, hahahahahahahahah
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 21, 2004
talkin bout cars shit gotta be german u know i like safety & looks so * yall wit dem japs & american cars aite
tha don
ish
ISH
Dubai chat master

Oct 21, 2004
In the UAE, the best bang for your buck car is an american V8, that's only cause there are barely anyother decent cars that perform and are in a realistic price range. I'm not contending that Jap cars aren't as good as muscle cars, most jap cars tear yank 8's in terms of overall performance. however, any good jap car is too pricey and rare to find in the gulf as compared to mustangs and camaro's that have saturated the market.

Note, if you're interested in a stang you should wait a bit for the 2005 model to hit the market, should make all current models cheaper.

yorky, as for STi's and Evo's they're probably to rare a find, should probably stick to a euro 4-Banger or something of the sort.

Oct 22, 2004
i know it is a kind late but u can register a RHD car in Umm Al Quain - this is just FYI
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 22, 2004
Most of the yank tanks seem to be Auto's as well. Looked at a few Camero's on the web, and they all seem to be Auto's, and I am not really into Auto cars that much, but will give them a look over once I get to Dubai.

Think the Mustang is outa my prioce range!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 22, 2004
the latest stang (2005) goes for a bit over 160,000 dirhams
there are few manuals, they just take a bit of time to find

Oct 23, 2004
160K, damn, thats a bit over my budget.

Max I am looking to spend is 100K, and if I can get something for less, thats less money to borrow! hahahahahahahahahahaha.

But I don't think I will be buying a car the minute I get off the plane. Will need at least a couple 'o months to get me feet planted and settled and decided where I am gonna stay/live.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat