Why Prosecute?

Topic locked
Why prosecute? Sep 05, 2010
I came across a story about Iran prosecuting a female journalist for "waging war against God"

'Prominent journalist faces charges that carry the death penalty, including "propaganda against the regime" and "waging war against God."'

My question is: Why prosecute her? It seems to me that she would loose in a war against God (even without anyone helping).

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Why prosecute? Sep 05, 2010
Because in Iran you can't write anything like that. They won't tolorate anything that goes against religion or questions God.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Why Prosecute? Sep 05, 2010
:lol: Good point Ambassador! but as they claim they (the govt) is God's representative on the earth! So they have to do God's job and prosecute her!

Anyway this is a sad story, going on and on, in last 30 years, this is not the first and won't be the last. btw,is this abt Shiva, childrens activist?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Chocoholic wrote:Because in Iran you can't write anything like that. They won't tolorate anything that goes against religion or questions God.

My question is: Why not let God do the questioniong/war himself/herself :P Surely no help is needed and the God-believing Iran govertment ought to know that. Don't you think?

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:45 am --

melika969 wrote::lol: Good point Ambassador! but as they claim they (the govt) is God's representative on the earth! So they have to do God's job and prosecute her!

Anyway this is a sad story, going on and on, in last 30 years, this is not the first and won't be the last. btw,is this abt Shiva, childrens activist?

Yes someone named Shiva Nazar Ahari.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Because as Melika said, 'men' like to consider themselves the judge, jury, prosecutors in God's name.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Because as Melika said, 'men' like to consider themselves the judge, jury, prosecutors in God's name.

Where did she say that? *looks for glassses*. I know your post contains quotation marks but I don't get the comment.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Go back and read Melika's post about the 'Government being God's representative'!

And 'men' in quotation marks is being sarcastic - because how can 'men' quote unquote be the judges of God! Flippin' heck mate!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ambassador wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Because in Iran you can't write anything like that. They won't tolorate anything that goes against religion or questions God.

My question is: Why not let God do the questioniong/war himself/herself :P Surely no help is needed and the God-believing Iran govertment ought to know that. Don't you think?

As they are hands of God, it doesnt make difference if they do it or God does it himself. Besides God will judge them based on if they supported him and defends his religion, or not!

Another thing is, any activity against Government is considered as war against God, because as I said they are God's representative!

Shiva has been in jail from Jun 2009, after post election riots, she is a children and woman rights acitivist.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Chocoholic wrote:Go back and read Melika's post about the 'Government being God's representative'!

And 'men' in quotation marks is being sarcastic - because how can 'men' quote unquote be the judges of God! Flippin' heck mate!

but you are not repeating my OP.

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 am --

melika969 wrote:
Ambassador wrote:

As they are hands of God, it doesnt make difference if they do it or God does it himself. Besides God will judge them based on if they supported him and defends his religion, or not!

Another thing is, any activity against Government is considered as war against God, because as I said they are God's representative!

Shiva has been in jail from Jun 2009, after post election riots, she is a children and woman rights acitivist.

I know, I know it is just silly - that's all.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Why do I have to repeat (I assume you mean quote) your original post?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Why do I have to repeat (I assume you mean quote) your original post?

:oops: :oops: I meant to type "you are just repeating my OP". That is, that if God can judge (in a war) then no need for the goverment (or "men" in your post).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Why do I have to repeat (I assume you mean quote) your original post?

:oops: :oops: I meant to type "you are just repeating my OP". That is, that if God can judge (in a war) then no need for the goverment (or "men" in your post).

LOL ok, agreed on that point.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

It would only be interesting if the 'men' in question subpoena'ed 'God' to appear as a witness for the prosecution...

I wonder if he would turn up?

Would he look like Morgan Freeman?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat