Botox Anyone?

Topic locked
Botox anyone? Dec 19, 2009
Hmmm so question, has anyone here (that would admit to it) had Botox, is considering it, would you have it done etc etc?

Or would you grow old gracefully?

I'll be the first one to admit that there are a few things I'd like "touched up".

Pondering.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Botox anyone? Dec 19, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm so question, has anyone here (that would admit to it) had Botox, is considering it, would you have it done etc etc?

I'll be the first one to admit that there are a few things I'd like "touched up".

Pondering.

I did it but on my arm pits. To stop over sweating (hyperhidrosis) - too many garments ruined!
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Botox anyone? Dec 20, 2009
XPT wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm so question, has anyone here (that would admit to it) had Botox, is considering it, would you have it done etc etc?

Pondering.

I did it but on my arm pits. To stop over sweating (hyperhidrosis) - too many garments ruined!

Botox for hyperhidrosois? How does this treatment work. Where do you put the botox, why not just opt for a non intrusive surgical procedure called endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy, well it is intrusive, but it's a 30 min bloodless procedure immediately after which one is discharged. Basically they just cut across fibres of ur symphatheric nerve, where the hyperactive glands are snapped.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

erm ok I'm not thinking about doing anything to my arm pits, don't have that problem. But in answer to your question, botox basically paralyses the sweat glands so they don't function properly and therefore stop excess sweating. It obviously is a short term solution, as the effect wears off after a few months.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote: It obviously is a short term solution, as the effect wears off after a few months.

that goes for all botox treatmena. one day angelina jolie six months later droopy lips!
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Pondering.

babe, you are cute the way you are :oops: I think there are honest dr's who will tell you if you really need it or not but if it's something that will left your spirit and makes you feel more confident then yaa go for it :)
why not.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

XPT wrote:
Chocoholic wrote: It obviously is a short term solution, as the effect wears off after a few months.

that goes for all botox treatmena. one day angelina jolie six months later droopy lips!

You don't put Botox in your lips!!!!!!! You use collegen for that!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

uaekid wrote:

Pondering.

babe, you are cute the way you are :oops: I think there are honest dr's who will tell you if you really need it or not but if it's something that will left your spirit and makes you feel more confident then yaa go for it :)
why not.

I just have a few frown lines and furrows that bother me is all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Botox anyone? Dec 21, 2009
I know someone who has regular treatments

Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem

:lol: no Really !!!
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Botulinum toxin is a medication and a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, and is held to be the most toxic substance known to mankind with an LD50 of roughly 0.005–0.05 µg/kg. Despite its deadly toxic effect, it is sometimes used in very small doses to treat muscle spasms. Popularly known by its trade name, Botox, botulinum toxin is now commonly used in various settings for cosmetic procedures.

Looks nasty to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Botox isn't a bad thing. You just have to know when to stop "enhancing" your looks.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Botox anyone?
by Bora Bora » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Botox isn't a bad thing. You just have to know when to stop "enhancing" your looks.

Are you serious?, this is horrible.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I guess I should have added: LOL. Sage, you know me by now, of course I'm not serious!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I guess I should have added: LOL. Sage, you know me by now, of course I'm not serious!!!!!

You not serious????????????? are you serious???????????????? LOL
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Botox anyone? Dec 22, 2009
:roll: I guess it was too much to hope for any decent replies.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Botox anyone? Dec 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote::roll: I guess it was too much to hope for any decent replies.

Easy there! I responded that I used it. I also have a girlfriend who applied botox to her forehead to remove frowns. No problem for either.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat