Mobile Phone Applications Development

Topic locked
mobile phone applications development Nov 23, 2009
Hi,
I'm interested in learning more about mobile phone applications and their development process. I'm really keen to get involved and meet some like minded people and to find out if anyone knows how to get into it - is there a certain process to approach companies? Are they generally interested? I've seen some cool application sites such as appulo (a US app site) and ovi (nokias site) - how does one learn to develop software for these types of sites / phones. Are there courses / websites that i should look into?
I live in dubai and really wanna get into it.
Can anyone help?
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. Thanks! :)

newbee
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 23, 2009
Hi Newbee,

Mobile application market is a very booming market. Not much here but abroad, lets say U.S, Canada also india..

When you are talking about app development you are talking about programming/coding...

most of the mobile applications that you see are coded in java and runs on symbian platform .. (lets say the OS running on Nokia phones)

i guess you are getting the idea :D
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: mobile phone applications development Nov 25, 2009
There were more posts here .. before the lovely refresh of the site...

Just to recap...
If anyone can help or provide information where courses are available in the UAE and / or if there are UAE based websites / blogs that I should check out please help..
Thank You! :)
newbee
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: mobile phone applications development Nov 25, 2009
for blogs/sites for learning coding/programming .. google is your best friend ..

i personally do not know of any college/uni or an institute **in dubai/else where in uae ** that promotes any related courses
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: mobile phone applications development Dec 06, 2009
ahamed wrote:for blogs/sites for learning coding/programming
i personally do not know of any college/uni or an institute **in dubai/else where in uae ** that promotes any related courses

i recently found out that Khalifa University - formally Etisalat University have an annual mobile application building competition which has been running for 4 years. Heard of it? :o
newbee
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: mobile phone applications development Dec 07, 2009
Oh yes..

Did you inquire @ etisalat academy?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk