Is It Just Me Or Is It?

Topic locked
Is it just me or is it? Feb 16, 2006
Man. Its hard finding a job here. Do these recruitment agencies work? What about Jobsindubai site, how legit is it. I am an MBA and i still now for 6 weeks can't land a job.

Thebigmo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
1) www.jobsindubai.com is a fraud
2) Its not easy for recent graduates. Not at all. Better coming here with experience, or else pretty much forget it.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
Hmm,
i guess you have to try hard, apply to adverts in appointments thats the best way to do it i would say, coz i got nearly all my calls through gulf news appointments, Even i am a MBA but i was playing the waiting game before i took up this offer which was the best of all towards the end when my visa expiration was near.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
I am not sure if its a fraud(jobsindubai) cause i checked good and heard about it. But i meant is it legit meaning it can get you jobs. I think it is not easy for anybody to find you a job here because there is too many people applying. Remember Jobsindubai makes it clear it does not guarantee you a job but it is just another recruitment agency that charges, so unlike the others your not just another CV . Here is an email they send me:

QUOTE:Hello Mohamed, thank you for your email.

The acceptance email is not an offer of employment. The acceptance letter means that your application has been viewed by our agents and based on your submitted application you are a qualified candidate for a number of positions we are currently recruiting for. Before we can schedule any interview calls with our employers you have to become a registered member with Jobs in Dubai Inc. You are also not paying for a specific job. You are paying to become a member with our agency so that we can assist you in your job search.END QUOTE

So you see they are not promising u anything. Its just how much you value 275 Dhs.

The problem is i have sent my CVs to about 25 recruiting agency and only 4 replied and asked for me to visit them and register. None secured me an interview. Its been 6 weeks now. So i guess they are also a fraud or maybe as i suspect they don't read all the CVs sent to them but just a few sample.
Thebigmo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
Hi,

Cant comment on whether its a fraud or authentic site, you can know about what others feel about this website on here

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... obsindubai

Like i said for me the best source is the appointments in gulfnews and Khaleej times.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
Yeah i went through that forum, but a fraud site does not last with 275 dhs scam, trust me. I just think they are not organized and got greedy accepting money from anyone even those they know deep down can't get a job unless they are lucky. The problem is that the newspapers classified done by individual companies are not high paying. the recruitment agencies got the best jobs. But they cater for the client, not the employer. So they look for the best and supply them with it. I wonder if randomly sending your CV around helps.
Thebigmo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
You wanna know what i did:).

I went to the media city and internrt city website, looked for companies matching my profile, and mailed them my CV. I got hold of email addresses of companies at JAFZA and sent emails to them as well.

I got high number of interview calls from Media city and was in a negotiation phase with a couple of them when i took this offer.

whats more important is the research and approach to the job you are looking for. I had 5 diff CVs ready with very small differences , but which made a whole lot of difference when applying to a specific industry. I guess that was the reason why i got such high number of calls.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted