Need Help Its Been 2 Month That I Dont Receive My Settlement

Topic locked
Need Help its been 2 month that I dont receive my settlement Nov 08, 2009
I got my termination last August 22 and the end of Notice period was Sept 22. Until now i am not receiving my settlement and my cancellation. I am working in Hamriyah Freezone. I always come to my company to ask them when are they going to give my settlement, but they keep on promising. They dont give me exact date. Please give me advise on what to do. I dont have work, expecting that I will be back to the Philippines. I am still paying for my accommodation. I dont have money to pay for extra expenditures... Please guide me...

amphi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 08, 2009
Complain to Sharjah labour department for settlement, and immigration department for visa non-cancellation. Or both at labour department.

You might not get much joy from them but I don't know of any other legal way if your employer is not co-operating.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 09, 2009
welcome to UAE where there's no protection for employees. the system is a joke!

don't bother filing a case to ministry of labour and court unless you got a new job already to sustain living here or having lots of savings to survive until the case is finished (take many months).

if you think you can't get a new job, sorry to say but better to get your passport, buy your own ticket, and GTF out of here.

*fed up with ex-company, freezone authority, and court*
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum