Habit Or Hygiene

Topic locked
Habit or Hygiene Oct 19, 2009
In my previous office an indian guy approached me and asked "why do filipinos have a habit of changing clothes and taking bath everyday?" I said its not a habit it's Hygiene!

Then on my new office, this time an indian girl after lunch at the toilet..Why do you always brush your teeth aftermeals? she said they only do it once... huh?

Weird..I often shocked of questions about hygiene here...I was thinking..haven't they smell themselves???

Paloma
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 19, 2009
Hmm, you sound like a wind up merchant to me :)

I doubt anyone, Indian or otherwise, would be curious as to why people shower everyday.

In fact most Indians I know shower everyday, the ones that dont are generally from labor camps...
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 19, 2009
opppsss sorry... I just find it bizarre they were both holding an executive position in the office thou...
Paloma
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 19, 2009
:D
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 19, 2009
Habit which is basically no hygiene. That answers ur question?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 19, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:Hmm, you sound like a wind up merchant to me :)

I doubt anyone, Indian or otherwise, would be curious as to why people shower everyday.

In fact most Indians I know shower everyday, the ones that dont are generally from labor camps...

If only it were true....
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2009
hey indians are like 1 billion people, with diversified culture and attitude, you can't categorize them as not taking shower for just two of them!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 19, 2009
I'll second that! Sadly there are several people in my office you can smell from about 15 feet away - it's vile!

Although have to say Filipinos do seem to have an obsession with teeth cleaning.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 19, 2009
Is that all this forum has become about? This is pathetic, there are much more important issues to talk about than hygiene habits of taxi cabs, how about being anestethized with pointless threads.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 19, 2009
gertrude wrote:Is that all this forum has become about? This is pathetic, there are much more important issues to talk about than hygiene habits of taxi cabs, how about being anestethized with pointless threads.

Well Gertrude it is good to hear your point of view. Why don't you start a thread of your own so that we can all contribute?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 19, 2009
Considering it's an issue that has been raised in the press recently, the topics are well bang on topic! You don't have to comment if you don't like it, or why don't YOU start a thread that you think others will be interested in.

Personally hygiene is a basic human necessity that sadly many people here seem to not understand and it's offensive and vile to other members of society.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 19, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Considering it's an issue that has been raised in the press recently, the topics are well bang on topic! You don't have to comment if you don't like it, or why don't YOU start a thread that you think others will be interested in.

Personally hygiene is a basic human necessity that sadly many people here seem to not understand and it's offensive and vile to other members of society.

Are doing that mind reading thing again :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 19, 2009
In the phils anyone who have BO will be outcast from the society..believe me the new talk of the town... peace!
Paloma
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 20, 2009
try going to elevators with people's hair smelling like coconut oil thats been unwashed for days.

i had office mates and class mates who wear the same clothes for the whole 5 days :x
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 20, 2009
xero_ wrote:try going to elevators with people's hair smelling like coconut oil thats been unwashed for days.

i had office mates and class mates who wear the same clothes for the whole 5 days :x

Bang On !

Unfortunately the new building I moved to in Discovey Gardens has been invaded by south indians and filipinos ! Stale coconut oil smell throughout the corridors and lifts, and obnoxious kareoke music at any given hour. Non stop during the weekends. Not to mention the most vile smelling seafood ever cooked lurking in the corridors. I think they are still trying to figure out what that thing over the stove is !

No to mention ever since the invasion they just leave their garbage in the garbage room instead of dumping it down the chute. That really adds some more frangrance to the already delightfull seafood and coconut oil aroma :shock:
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 20, 2009
^^^^It sounds like hell!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 21, 2009
Just to add, I have never in my career noticed a colleagues poor hygiene, until I moved to Dubai.

Anytime I notice a body odour smell, it's coming from an Indian. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it doesn't change the fact.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat