Need To Pay For And Pick Up An Item From Tadcaster, York, UK

Topic locked
Need to pay for and pick up an item from Tadcaster, york, UK Oct 19, 2009
I found something for sale in york uk . and as its not available here in dubai, would like to purchase it and get it here somehow.

I need to pay the seller on pick up of the items and get it delivered to me here in dubai.
The thing is I need to pay the person also, and I prefer paying them on pickup of items and not through money transfer or otherwise.

> I have to pay for and pick up an item from Tadcaster Road York.
> And if you stay elsewhere I will also pay for the courier within UK so that the seller can courier the items to you.
> Cost of the items is about : 15 pounds
> Weight would be about : 5-8 kg I think
> I will also pay for the excess weight (luggage) you will carry because of my items when you bring it over to dubai
> the items: a pair of bookends and 1 or 2 statues.
> all items are small and in height will be a maximum of 6 - 8 inches I think.

Ideally, if you can make the payment there in UK, so that when I come to pick up the items, I can pay you all the cost (15pounds) + courier (x amount pounds) + excess weight (x amount pounds) charge together in dirhams. Or if you like I can even pay in advance as well.

All courier services are proving to be really expensive and not worth it for such a small price of the items themselves. I got a quote of Dhs 500

Please can someone help? I already posted in a few other forums and stil no luck, I thought I'd post here too.

Thanks
Sumi

retouchphotos
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 19, 2009
really hope someone can help.
just email dominicandsumi at gmail
thanks
retouchphotos
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum