Food Items I Can't Find

Topic locked
Food items I can't find Oct 06, 2009
I've been searching for flaxseed oil and sesame seeds all over Dubai with no luck :shock: Does anyone know here I can get these please? Thanks

karenn
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 06, 2009
Sesame seeds: I am sure they are in Union Coop. People who make arab sweets (cookies) use it. I know I have seen flaxseed oil. Have you looked in Spinney's?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
oh I have some too I just cannot find. corn flour, but not the starch. the yellow granulated one, kinda like a polenta

or these small sausages. at home I can buy these fresh (made out of chicken) by the kilo, not sealed from the freezer.

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 06, 2009
raidah wrote:oh I have some too I just cannot find. corn flour, but not the starch. the yellow granulated one, kinda like a polenta

or these small sausages. at home I can buy these fresh (made out of chicken) by the kilo, not sealed from the freezer.

Again I think Spinney's would be your best shot at corn flour. And Union Coop as well. I heard that Lulu's caterers to alot of expat items. So that could be a possibility - the one in Al Barsha.

As for the sausages - Raidah - this is a Dubai!!!! You would only find that at an independent butcher store, which there are none in Dubai. I think someone tried opening a butcher store around the Marina. Guess it didn't work - too expense - because you would have heard about it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
this type of thin sausages that one can find sealed have no taste.
but I guess ur right, I'd probably only find them in butcher shops. speaking of which, it could be great business selling fresh goods, how come there are none?
raidah

Oct 06, 2009
raidah wrote:this type of thin sausages that one can find sealed have no taste.
but I guess ur right, I'd probably only find them in butcher shops. speaking of which, it could be great business selling fresh goods, how come there are none?

Like I said I think someone attempted it. There used to be a fresh fish store in Jumeriah. Died a slow death. They had every kind of fish you could imagine, but I think it was just too pricey for people.

Wow, just thought of this: did you try the Organic Store? I know they have a meat section. Maybe you can ask them to make them. Waitrose also opened their own stores here. Maybe they make them or could make them.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 06, 2009
i knew of one organic food store, but it was very basic and they shut down.
where is this place ur talking about?
raidah

Oct 06, 2009
raidah wrote:i knew of one organic food store, but it was very basic and they shut down.
where is this place ur talking about?

here is the link: http://www.yellowpages.ae/search_result ... R5X2lkPTI=

You can probably call to find out if they make them.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Food items I can't find Oct 06, 2009
karenn wrote:I've been searching for flaxseed oil and sesame seeds all over Dubai with no luck :shock: Does anyone know here I can get these please? Thanks

I saw sesame seeds (spice section) at Spinneys Uptown Mirdif just yesterday. Most probably available too in other branches.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 12, 2009
flax seed can be found at almost any organic stores (one is opposite al hana centre, satwa) and any body building/health store like GNC.

for sesame oil, just go to any spinney's and check the asian section where they store the japanese seasonings. pretty cheap too.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat