Contract Renewal

Topic locked
contract renewal Sep 07, 2009
hi
i have a querry
is there any muncipility charges for the contract renewal? b/c i had paid dh 850 for it:(
one thing more do the company manager or watchman of building take yearly commissions on contract renewal? they took dh 1200 for this year :( :( last year i paid dh 3000 :x :x
wat should i do i m very depressed this condition is getting me so outraged and agressive

monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 07, 2009
erm I think you're being taken for a ride there!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 07, 2009
No!!!! to all of it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 07, 2009
i live in sharjah
the rules are same as dubai or is there any difference?
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 07, 2009
monadtweety wrote:i live in sharjah
the rules are same as dubai or is there any difference?

The best thing for you to do is go to the municipality. I highly doubt there is much difference between Sharjah and Dubai with regard to your situation.

Did you by chance check with your neighbors to find out if they are also making these payouts??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 08, 2009
every one is gonna pay i have asked other tenants
but ur advice is good
i will go to sharjah muncipality and check it out
thanx for the kind reply its getting me feel a little good otherwise i was so frustrated for these payments :(:( and still i m :(:(
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 08, 2009
Yes Shj muncipality charges. I think its 4% of the rent value. I remembered I use to pay 800 something per year aswell at renewal time. Its something to do with contract registration and sewage fees which get charged per month aswell ! I had even had to pay 110 dhs for the 2 and a half months I overstayed my contract while looking to move to dubai.

Commision depends on the real estate company your dealing with. Some only charge you the first time, some are more greedy and do it every year. I paid only the 1st year as my wife knew someone in the company
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 08, 2009
It's really 2% from annual rent in Sharjah and something like 150-250 Dhs for blanks of agreement.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 08, 2009
thank u all
i think i m not alone facing these conditions
its a general practice here taking annual commissions
greedy people
is there any solution
wat can we do to avoid and stop these people?
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 08, 2009
Nothing or look for property direct from landlords, Still will have to pay Muncipality fee etc etc.

And yes RC your right its 2%
desertdudeshj

Sep 12, 2009
5% in dubai to municipality. added in installments over 12 months with the dewa bill. lovely.
VRV
Dubai Forum User

Sep 12, 2009
Trust me you have no idea, until you deal with SEWA. DEWA is like heaven when compared with SEWA
desertdudeshj

Sep 12, 2009
VRV wrote:5% in dubai to municipality. added in installments over 12 months with the dewa bill. lovely.

Interesting. You know not everyone pays this. Seems some get charged for it and others don't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
VRV wrote:5% in dubai to municipality. added in installments over 12 months with the dewa bill. lovely.

Interesting. You know not everyone pays this. Seems some get charged for it and others don't.

ur absolutely right. its just a screw up from their end, but eventually everyone will pay up :?

as for SEWA, agreed :) me so lucky...i have a house in sharjah too, so i get to deal with both worlds. there is nothing worse in the uae than dealing with anything or anyone official in sharjah, especially if u are a MALE...its true :shock: females get what they want with those people :roll: no offense to anyone
VRV
Dubai Forum User

Sep 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:

i think everyone pays
someone as sewa charges and others pay it including in their monthly rent
monadtweety
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 13, 2009
No DEWA bills clearly state housing fees which is not much I pay like 10 bucks a month. SEWA on the other hand is s totally diffrent story all toghter. I paid around a 100 dirhams on top of all the other crap for services i didnt even use or have like gas and gas meter rent every month. If I unplugged all the electrics take out the main fuse and go for vacation. I would still get billed around 150-170 permonth for various rentals and fees. And on top of that there is the yearly Muncipality Tax and outrageous swerage.

Well closing my account with SEWA I got a final bill of convienently 99 dhs over my deposit of 1000dhs for a studio apt with two people who are not even there for the majority of the day.

SEWA sucks .
desertdudeshj

Sep 26, 2009
desertdude ur so lucky man.. aed10 a month, thats a mistake but a happy one for you.

its 5% of the rent divided by 12. so if ur rent is 50,000 annually, you will pay the total of 2500AED, divided by 12= almost 210AED which will show on the dewa bill. since its not on yours, then ur not being charged.

i actually called sometime back asking the dubai municipality that some are getting this fee and some arent, and the guy replied that its a new law and all leasing contracts will be charged with this 5%.

efficient as they are, until this date, some people do and some people dont..go figure :)
VRV
Dubai Forum User

Sep 26, 2009
VRV wrote:desertdude ur so lucky man.. aed10 a month, thats a mistake but a happy one for you.

its 5% of the rent divided by 12. so if ur rent is 50,000 annually, you will pay the total of 2500AED, divided by 12= almost 210AED which will show on the dewa bill. since its not on yours, then ur not being charged.

i actually called sometime back asking the dubai municipality that some are getting this fee and some arent, and the guy replied that its a new law and all leasing contracts will be charged with this 5%.

efficient as they are, until this date, some people do and some people dont..go figure :)

As far as I know the housing fee only comes into force when you get a new contract, also many people have the Dewa connection in the Company name, this also means no charge to the actual tenant.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 26, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
VRV wrote:desertdude ur so lucky man.. aed10 a month, thats a mistake but a happy one for you.

As far as I know the housing fee only comes into force when you get a new contract, also many people have the Dewa connection in the Company name, this also means no charge to the actual tenant.

Clearly you know litttle. I know you have many posts (I hear through pm that games and write about person above count for 95% of the posts).
Ballbraker
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 26, 2009
Ballbraker wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Clearly you know litttle. I know you have many posts (I hear through pm that games and write about person above count for 95% of the posts).

You should try and post what you believe the situation is with DEWA then, because I am quoting the actual situation of many people that I know including myself.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat