Car Auctions - Left Around At The Airport

Topic locked
Car auctions - left around at the airport Aug 03, 2009
Check this out: 6800 cars impounded that are not claimed in the last six months. Most of them from the Airports.

http://www.ameinfo.com/205088.html

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Car auctions - left around at the airport Aug 03, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Check this out: 6800 cars impounded that are not claimed in the last six months. Most of them from the Airports.

where did it say it's from the airports ?

this is usual here robbyG, we ( in our x department ) collect those cars around our city ( not Dubai ) for years now, it's part of cleaning the city from cars mostly in industrial areas with accidents where they are left in parking lots filled with dust or in a private parking where owners of parking complains that those cares does not belong to them , and mostly old cares that the owner leave some where cuz it won't pass the new environment laws, so they simply leave them somewhere ..... so we put a sticker on them and if no one clams them we sell them in auctions but only now ppl paid attention to such procures since the airport banded cars but it isn't new at all. It's just part of municipality and police regular procure that is done annually

But yes I would say most of them are from airports, stupid Dubai police they sold my classic car I stopped in Dubai for sale for one day and the other day they took it.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Car auctions - left around at the airport Aug 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Check this out: 6800 cars impounded that are not claimed in the last six months. Most of them from the Airports.

where did it say it's from the airports ?

this is usual here robbyG, we ( in our x department ) collect those cars around our city ( not Dubai ) for years now, it's part of cleaning the city from cars mostly in industrial areas with accidents where they are left in parking lots filled with dust or in a private parking where owners of parking complains that those cares does not belong to them , and mostly old cares that the owner leave some where cuz it won't pass the new environment laws, so they simply leave them somewhere ..... so we put a sticker on them and if no one clams them we sell them in auctions but only now ppl paid attention to such procures since the airport banded cars but it isn't new at all. It's just part of municipality and police regular procure that is done annually

But yes I would say most of them are from airports, stupid Dubai police they sold my classic car I stopped in Dubai for sale for one day and the other day they took it.

It happens everywhere in the world. Nothing new. Only thing that is factworthy is the number 6800 cars. Now thats impressive for a six month period.

2500 were found at Terminal 1 catering the global airlines.

http://experiencingtheemirates.blogspot ... dubai.html
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 03, 2009
Robbie - A Emirati friend of my parents, who is in a position to know puts the figure at over Double what you mention above. The fact that it happens all over the world is not news - the rest of the acknowledges that it happens, its when somewhere denies that it happens and everyone knows different that the story is of interest. As in:- Why deny it ?
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 03, 2009
I'd love to go to see what they have on offer. Bet you could pick up some right bargins.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 03, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I'd love to go to see what they have on offer. Bet you could pick up some right bargins.

u cant for normal cars. but u can for your luxury cars
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 03, 2009
Hmmm really? I know that there are monthly auctions taking place of all sorts of stuff too.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 04, 2009
golden bell auctions ... in the classifieds. Im sure thered be some right bargains as you have to settle cash and theres no finance options. People with some loot might pick up some thing really worth while. Also when u look at the lists you l be anle to see that most of the cars are in the 2007-2009 range which i guess would be concurrent with runners
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 04, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Robbie - A Emirati friend of my parents, who is in a position to know puts the figure at over Double what you mention above. The fact that it happens all over the world is not news - the rest of the acknowledges that it happens, its when somewhere denies that it happens and everyone knows different that the story is of interest. As in:- Why deny it ?

This is a totally unsubstantiated rumour, whilst we all know that this has occurred in some fashion, to put a figure this high is beyond belief.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 04, 2009
Cars will not be individually sold but will be sold in bulk to dealers.

daym
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 04, 2009
6800 are gone

68000 wish to come to UAE :P
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2009
S&O - I have no intention of getting into this with you but MbB is a local - a high profile Emirati. Perhaps one day this information will come forward of its own accord, the number that comes from him is actually higher than I have suggested :)
I would rather get my info from a government source than the Gulf News - your choice.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 04, 2009
Wanted:

mint / concours SL500, early 90's must have hard and soft top

:wink:
Richardson
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 05, 2009
Richardson wrote:Wanted:

LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 05, 2009
Richardson wrote:Wanted:

my fave SL body, I want one as well.

(sorry for being offtopic)

:D
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 05, 2009
They are seriously 'Bobby Ewing' but an absolute classic and I want one for weekends. Must be my mispent youth watching Dallas when I should've been doing homework.

If I can't get one, settle for Beemer 850!
Richardson
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 05, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:S&O - I have no intention of getting into this with you but MbB is a local - a high profile Emirati. Perhaps one day this information will come forward of its own accord, the number that comes from him is actually higher than I have suggested :)
I would rather get my info from a government source than the Gulf News - your choice.

As I said before this is unsubstantiated and as such is just a rumour amongst a whole host of rumours.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 05, 2009
uaebadoo wrote:6800 are gone

68000 wish to come to UAE :P

well thats news .... I guess we can all look forward to more auctions when these people run away with the banks money :roll:
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat