NEED HELP PLEASE!

Topic locked
NEED HELP PLEASE! Jul 02, 2009
I have a question please help!
I am an engineer working here in dubai under a LIMITED contract. My joining date was last June 28, 2008. My labor card was issued on August 15, 2008, my residence visa's date started on October 18, 2008. Now I want to resign from my company because I got a better offer from a semi-government company. I already submitted my resignation last June 30, 2009, with a notice period that I will still render work to my company until July 23, 2009.

Now, the problem is that my current employer don't want to accept my resignation, of course they will not release any NOC or even have my visa cancelled. What can I do? I really want to leave my current company. And also please inform me as per what are the cases (if ever) or is there any chance that I can resign from my company and have my visa canceled. Please inform and advise me accordingly. Thanks

phoebe_riona
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE! Jul 04, 2009
phoebe_riona wrote:I have a question please help!
I am an engineer working here in dubai under a LIMITED contract. My joining date was last June 28, 2008. My labor card was issued on August 15, 2008, my residence visa's date started on October 18, 2008. Now I want to resign from my company because I got a better offer from a semi-government company. I already submitted my resignation last June 30, 2009, with a notice period that I will still render work to my company until July 23, 2009.

Now, the problem is that my current employer don't want to accept my resignation, of course they will not release any NOC or even have my visa cancelled. What can I do? I really want to leave my current company. And also please inform me as per what are the cases (if ever) or is there any chance that I can resign from my company and have my visa canceled. Please inform and advise me accordingly. Thanks

You can resign with a 1 month notice period and the date counts the day u put your papers.
You can approach labour with your resignation letter
Semi- government company can take you with out NOC and no issues with ban.
Call them they will help you
Dubai Naturalisation and Residency department, 04-3980000. Labour issues. Toll free number, 800-665

Good luck
Merlin
UAE HR NEWS, Events, Book reviews, HR Forum...
Merlindxb
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai