Why Is My Best Signature Thread Moved??

Topic locked
Why is my Best Signature thread Moved?? Jun 27, 2009
Why is my Best Signature thread Moved?? I can't open and read the posts!!

What does Moved mean?

:twisted:

vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 27, 2009
Moved means it's censored. Basically it's transferred to the fight club thanks to diatribe between Scorpion King and RedKite, where there was foul language used.

The sage keeps this place on a tight leash!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2009
ok... but can't they just remove that particular post instead of the whole thread????

I didn't find out the best signature...
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 27, 2009
Apparently not, every post is copyright protected. Deleting it would be an infringement for which You can even be arrested and deported! :lol:

If ur really keen on the signatures, why don't you start another thread?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2009
why don't you just re-post it here with a different title?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2009
@ Vera.

So, is there a prize given once you have decided which was the best signature? Didn't realize this was a contest. :scratch:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 29, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Moved means it's censored. Basically it's transferred to the fight club thanks to diatribe between Scorpion King and RedKite, where there was foul language used.

The sage keeps this place on a tight leash!

Hey it wasn't that bad....I mean there was no abusive language there....guess the Mods moved it coz there was someone who said something nasty about the sage....I am not sure...but it was sure bad about the sage.

Sage you are cool... :wink:
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 30, 2009
Was it moved cos of something I said ?
It depends on what meaning Sage "read" !
Was it the T*TS ?
[ That rhymes with FITS ],
Sod it ! I'm off to my bed !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 01, 2009
RedKite wrote:Was it moved cos of something I said ?
It depends on what meaning Sage "read" !
Was it the T*TS ?
[ That rhymes with FITS ],
Sod it ! I'm off to my bed !!

Hey Redkite...did we use abusive language there????.. :roll: .I guess we were just having fun.. :P ..trying to make the post a bit spicy.. :twisted: ...anyways Sorry Vera....if incase it was moved be coz of us. :wink:
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 01, 2009
We can edit individual posts, but it takes time so in most cases it's just easier to move/delete the entire thread. Mods have lives too you know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 02, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:We can edit individual posts, but it takes time so in most cases it's just easier to move/delete the entire thread. Mods have lives too you know.

Moving threads from a public forum where lots of people contribute to a part only available to a few defeats the object of my post and the forum as a whole. Someone suggested here 'why not just start a new thread on the same topic' also is folly as eventually someone will deem it worthy of censoring and it's only a matter of time before that is moved to a locked part of the forum. On other forums (UAE) the mods just delete the controversial content and put an explanation saying 'deleted due to abusive content'.

For me to rack up 100 posts to gain access to Fightclub would take months unless I start to make random, out of context, boring posts like we notice from some users which dilutes the quality of the content and debate into meaningless waffle which isn't why most register.
Ruggedblond
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat