Landcruiser Or Patrol?

Topic locked
Landcruiser or Patrol? Jun 01, 2009
Which one do you think is better to get second hand, a V6 landcruiser or a V8 nissan patrol?

hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 01, 2009
It's pretty much up to you, but it's guaranteed that either model will have the PISS beaten out of it, unless you can find an expat-owned one
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 02, 2009
I dont see a problem as long as I check the engine, gearbox, and chassis. My question was about the cars more than the driving style.

I dont belive that expat owned vehicles are better than others, thats just what people like you would like to believe.
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 02, 2009
Whoa whoa i'm saying this because i'm a master mechanic, not because i'm some hypocrite that thinks all local drivers are crappy behind the wheel.

When was the last time you DIDN"T see a landcruiser or patrol bouncing off the rev-limiter during a usual stoplight-to-stoplight "drag race" or late-night trip to the co-op?
It pains me to see those engines having the crap run out of them for no reason, although i know they could take it.

Which models are you talking about? The new Landcruisers have V6's, but the 4.0 1GR-FE has been proven only adequate to power the larger model landcruiser, a better investment would be the 4.7L 2UZ-FE V8 available for the 2008-2009 GX1GX-R platform.

The Patrol is only available with the 4.8L HO Tb48DE Inline-6, 4.5L TB45E inline 6, or the 4.2L TB42 inline 6 diesel. No V8 options are available unless the truck has had a late-model GM L-series V8 or Nissan VK series V8 from the pathfinder or armada swapped in.
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 07, 2009
My mistake, its an I6 engine for the Patrol, I got one in a really good condition, checked at the dealer and still under warranty..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 07, 2009
Nice!
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 09, 2009
Landcruiser def!!!
Evans_335i
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 27, 2009
The Landcruiser!
DirectAutoExport
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Landcruiser or Patrol? Jun 27, 2009
hamadl wrote:Which one do you think is better to get second hand, a V6 landcruiser or a V8 nissan patrol?

I have DVD for landcrusier for sale, if interested, please feel free to contact.
Rose-Lee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 19, 2009
Landcruiser for sure...
unless you want to wait for the new v8 nissan patrol .. i think thatll be a killer :) haha
Agolak
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 20, 2009
Agolak wrote:Landcruiser for sure...
unless you want to wait for the new v8 nissan patrol .. i think thatll be a killer :) haha

Yeah but ugly as fu*k ! and so is the 200 series L/C.

Get the cruiser FJ71( I'm not talking F.gay cruiser ) series. Now thats a proper 4x4. The 2010's even have a really awesome interior redesign
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 05, 2009
I second your comment desertdudeshj. The FJ71 is the mother of all 4WD.

Bushman
Bushman
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto