Investor Visa - Possible To Work?

Topic locked
Investor Visa - possible to work? Apr 08, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have an investor visa which I obtained from Emaar after buying my marina apartment. Does anyone know if I am able to look for employment and work using this visa ?

Any advice would help guys!

Thanks

skyscraper
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 09, 2009
Are you sure you have an investor visa? It sounds more like a residence visa for property owners. Residence visa and work permit are two different things (here's more about Dubai visas). To work, you need permit from employer or trade licence if you set up your own company.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 09, 2009
Hi, Yes sorry you are right it is a residence visa for property owners. I will check the link - thanks for that. I was hoping to do some freelance work and wondered if I am allowed to do this on a residence visa ...
skyscraper
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2009
Residence visa is permission to live in the UAE, not work. So no you're not allowed to. You might get away with it though, depending on what sort of freelance work you do and where/how you get paid.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 18, 2009
Hi this maxwell i will be traveling to dubai for business investment and i need a help from you, can you please contact me on my mail i will tell you more about my visit ( maxkampbell@yahoo.com
kenling
Dubai Forums Member

May 19, 2009
maxwell you cant work on a residence visa - you need to be sponsored bya company on a working visa
stefan
Dubai Forum User

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai