Wafi Robbery...

Topic locked
Wafi Robbery... May 19, 2009
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 19, 2009
Wow, international gang of jewelery thieves. Sounds like something out of a movie.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 19, 2009
2007 called, they want their news back.

They were also responsibly for the $100 million paris heist in 2006...
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 19, 2009
Firstly Dubai's police accused Russians. They interviewed all Russians who visited WAFI at that time. Many Emiratis banks stopped giving loans to people from CIS and immigration granted visas to CIS citizen very reluctantly.

Probably Serbian language sounds very similar to Russian but much less famous. :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Firstly Dubai's police accused Russians. They interviewed all Russians who visited WAFI at that time. Many Emiratis banks stopped giving loans to people from CIS and immigration granted visas to CIS citizen very reluctantly.

Probably Serbian language sounds very similar to Russian but much less famous. :D

So how did your interview go?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 19, 2009
Bahahaha.
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 19, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:So how did your interview go?

I wasn't there at that time but I met a few people who were. Police met them on exit, then deliver to the squad then the people waited a few hours for interpreter because many of them, mostly tourists, don't even speak English, then 30 minutes of interview and bright impressions for the rest of their lives.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

I wasn't there at that time but I met a few people who were. Police met them on exit, then deliver to the squad then the people waited a few hours for interpreter because many of them, mostly tourists, don't even speak English, then 30 minutes of interview and bright impressions for the rest of their lives.

And you thought I really cared?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 19, 2009
Bora, In communist Russia you don't do sarcasm, sarcasm does you!
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 19, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

I don't care if you cared or not.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

I don't care if you cared or not.

Then why to bother explain me your story.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 19, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Firstly Dubai's police accused Russians. They interviewed all Russians who visited WAFI at that time. Many Emiratis banks stopped giving loans to people from CIS and immigration granted visas to CIS citizen very reluctantly.

Racial profiling in Dubai? Didn't hear that before.

Reminds me of an incident in NY

I have this Iranian friend. He completed his MA in economics at NYU.
Post that he was seeking employment. One fine day he receives a call from a prominent bank XYZ, and they ask him to come in for an interview. The funny thing was that the location of the interview was not the banks office, but some other building. Nevertheless this guys goes in for the interview. As he approaches the building, he notices snipers, and guys on with handsets all round. It was all very shady. Anywaz the interview turned out to be a profile check. These checks were quite common post 9/11
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote: Racial profiling in Dubai? Didn't hear that before.

I wrote only about some experience of people I know personally but after any cause célèbre UAE administration takes some actions. As far as I understand Speedy knows how the system works even better than me.
He wrote special gloating post about that.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 19, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:

Racial profiling in Dubai? Didn't hear that before.

Reminds me of an incident in NY

I have this Iranian friend. He completed his MA in economics at NYU.
Post that he was seeking employment. One fine day he receives a call from a prominent bank XYZ, and they ask him to come in for an interview. The funny thing was that the location of the interview was not the banks office, but some other building. Nevertheless this guys goes in for the interview. As he approaches the building, he notices snipers, and guys on with handsets all round. It was all very shady. Anywaz the interview turned out to be a profile check. These checks were quite common post 9/11
Just curious. Why all this 'Mise en Scene'? They could just have ordered him to go present himslef to the FBI headquarters in NYC for questioning as they did with thousands of other 'people'!!!
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 19, 2009
Vera Chandler who is that.
obituary07
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat