Did U Ever Experience This??

Topic locked
Did u ever experience this?? Feb 14, 2009
Hi

Recession has started.... lots o people out there are being jobless, BUT still i can find so many advts in Appointments paper and different online classifieds.

As one of my friends said he has applied so many... an average of 25 per day.... but no calls come.

Is anybody having such an experience????

Vera.

vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Did u ever experience this?? Feb 15, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:Hi

Recession has started.... lots o people out there are being jobless, BUT still i can find so many advts in Appointments paper and different online classifieds.

As one of my friends said he has applied so many... an average of 25 per day.... but no calls come.

Vera.

yes me and my friend :cry:
madelumbal
Dubai Expat Wannabe

WHY Feb 15, 2009
What can be the reason???? not because of inefficiency bcos my friend is one having high profile experience.....

THEN WHY???
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 15, 2009
Also.... has anybody gained a job thru the paper classified on internet advts... RECENTLY??? reply sincerely.
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 18, 2009
SAME HERE!!
irisapril
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 19, 2009
O I can agree with that.

I think I put out 15 applications now...just one that replied and denied.
The rest....still waiting or being considered. By the way, not all in Dubai but worldwide.

There polling us out there ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 19, 2009
same here.
Panda
Dubai Forum User

whew... Apr 09, 2009
yup...i'm experiencing the same now...ive probably sent out more than a hundred applications to companies of choice, applications to posted ads in appts. and even placed an ad in the papers. Out of the applications i sent, only 3 called and im still waiting for feedback. with the ads, an average of 7 calls per day but these weren't the type of companies / jobs i'm looking for. jobs in the appointment sections, no one has ever called! :roll: good luck to us!
choeyjo
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: whew... Apr 09, 2009
choeyjo wrote:yup...i'm experiencing the same now...ive probably sent out more than a hundred applications to companies of choice, applications to posted ads in appts. and even placed an ad in the papers. Out of the applications i sent, only 3 called and im still waiting for feedback. with the ads, an average of 7 calls per day but these weren't the type of companies / jobs i'm looking for. jobs in the appointment sections, no one has ever called! :roll: good luck to us!

I think we should all do a 'Common Whine Song' just to make some money :lol:

When are the auditions people!? 8)
RobbyG

Apr 09, 2009
I guess just like its a buyers market right now in real estate and cars right now. Could be the same in the recuirtment feild. Employees have a wide choice of choice candidates to choose from nowadays.

My wife has also been looking for a job religously for quite sometime now and nothing yet only 3 lame interviews till date. And she is a qualified professional with a good profile.

So I guess don't give up hope and keep at it. Thing will eventually fall into place.
desertdudeshj

Apr 09, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:I guess just like its a buyers market right now in real estate and cars right now. Could be the same in the recuirtment feild. Employees have a wide choice of choice candidates to choose from nowadays.

My wife has also been looking for a job religously for quite sometime now and nothing yet only 3 lame interviews till date. And she is a qualified professional with a good profile.

So I guess don't give up hope and keep at it. Thing will eventually fall into place.

DD is right. It all comes down to our presentation. If you come out best, you are hired, instead of fired !! :wink:

Good luck people, I need it too 8)
RobbyG

May 18, 2009
Hi this maxwell i will be traveling to dubai for business investment and i need a help from you, can you please contact me on my mail i will tell you more about my visit ( maxkampbell@yahoo.com
kenling
Dubai Forums Member

May 18, 2009
kenling wrote:Hi this maxwell i will be traveling to dubai for business investment and i need a help from you, can you please contact me on my mail i will tell you more about my visit ( maxkampbell@yahoo.com

Fuk off Kampbell, with all these same posts in every topic.

One thing is for sure. With this attitude your not getting any help from none of us.

Shaddappp A-hole
RobbyG

Re: Did u ever experience this?? May 18, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:Hi

Vera.

Appointments is only a reference for top managerial posts. And at that level one gets jobs easily.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 22, 2009
Guys ,u have to understand the HR policy , for any hiring /Firing /Vaccancy what the HR does it that they try to
1.appoint from with in the organisation
2.what i have observed that approx on an average 60% appointments are done on a reference basis.
3. remaining jobs are hired through the applications received through the internet or classified ads which is posted just on a mere formality basis.

if any one from HR has a word to say
alone_in_Dubai
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai