Stingky Meter...

Topic locked
Stingky meter... Apr 23, 2009
Hey now lets have fun:

They say that dubai is a basket of nationalities. Question is amongst all the nationalities in dubai, who is... stink? stinky? stinkiest? in terms of over all hiegyne... All nationalities applies... :director:

portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 23, 2009
And now you call this fun..? :oops: :roll:
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 23, 2009
no one will dare to answer dude.. hehehe
septbaby031
Dubai Forum User

Apr 23, 2009
The subject has been covered more than one cares to remember.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 23, 2009
yup i got the picture...hehehe its creates lot of sparks :boxing:
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Stingky meter... Apr 23, 2009
portland wrote:Hey now lets have fun:

They say that dubai is a basket of nationalities. Question is amongst all the nationalities in dubai, who is... stink? stinky? stinkiest? in terms of over all hiegyne... All nationalities applies... :director:

You started the thread, why don't you then give your opinion and take the resulting flak?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Stingky meter... Apr 23, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

You started the thread, why don't you then give your opinion and take the resulting flak?

i second the motion.! go go portland!
septbaby031
Dubai Forum User

Apr 23, 2009
every body knows the curry munchers are the worst...
funkygibbon
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 23, 2009
Boooooring!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 23, 2009
funkygibbon wrote:every body knows the curry munchers are the worst...

Hi just came back from the field... hehehe i guess somebody has started it already look up... i gues i have to agree with him, have you ever been inside a bus pack together with them, even if their in their business suits or tuxedo/americanans, gee i really cant take the smell when they swet...
Im pertaining to ASIAN mostly do.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 23, 2009
then what?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Apr 23, 2009
^^^^Odd way to get your thrills I would say.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 23, 2009
:banghead:
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 23, 2009
I fail at sarcasm :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Apr 24, 2009
pinoy1 wrote:I fail at sarcasm :?

On DF you will be obligated to practise it.

Start today I would say :lol: 8) :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 06, 2009
anyone who takes shower, uses antiperspirant, washes his clothes regularly is not gonna stink. the problem is... rutine u r used to, isn't it? The 21st sentury seems to be out there...
Ill avoid sarcasm today...
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

May 09, 2009
Leda wrote:anyone who takes shower, uses antiperspirant, washes his clothes regularly is not gonna stink. the problem is... rutine u r used to, isn't it? The 21st sentury seems to be out there...
Ill avoid sarcasm today...

Not always true unfortunately.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 09, 2009
I have to say that there has been a general overall improvement on personal hygiene compared to 6-10 years ago. There was a time when I couldn't step on an elevator because the body odor was overwhelming and would hit you in the face when the doors opened, or had to get off at a different floor from gagging when someone got on who was emitting a terrible offensive odor. Gag reflex kicks in easily when around offensive odors - soft stomach.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I have to say that there has been a general overall improvement on personal hygiene compared to 6-10 years ago. There was a time when I couldn't step on an elevator because the body odor was overwhelming and would hit you in the face when the doors opened, or had to get off at a different floor from gagging when someone got on who was emitting a terrible offensive odor. Gag reflex kicks in easily when around offensive odors - soft stomach.

LOL im with you bora bora, but still those things happens in the elevator or just about anywhere, where someone passed you by and blam the smells hit the brick on you... :) :lol:
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Not always true unfortunately.
Right. There is a couple of misfortunate fellas with hormones malfunction (or watever it's called and spelled like), but real percentage is muuuaaaaaach smaller than that of just stinky ones.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

May 09, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I have to say that there has been a general overall improvement on personal hygiene compared to 6-10 years ago.

Maybe U've just... got kind of used to it :D
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

May 09, 2009
Leda wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I have to say that there has been a general overall improvement on personal hygiene compared to 6-10 years ago.

Maybe U've just... got kind of used to it :D

Trust me, I did not get used to it and could never get used to it. My sense of smell is quite keen and my gag reflex just as strong.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
Question again, don't some people know how much they stink or they are just inconsiderate to others?

I'm not talking about the construction worker type here, i can understand it due to their circumstances but what about those who got a comfortable lifestyle, reports to office well groomed but man oh man, stinks alot!

Don't they know underarm deodorants are so cheap or he just really likes his smell or he doesn't care.

I really don't know how to say it to this fellow that it will not come out offensive but i was hoping he gets the hints from us but until now he seem to doesn't get it or there's something wrong with his olfactory senses.

(ok he's indian, i know some of you want me to spit it out)
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 09, 2009
DDS wrote:Question again, don't some people know how much they stink or they are just inconsiderate to others?

I'm not talking about the construction worker type here, i can understand it due to their circumstances but what about those who got a comfortable lifestyle, reports to office well groomed but man oh man, stinks alot!

Don't they know underarm deodorants are so cheap or he just really likes his smell or he doesn't care.

I really don't know how to say it to this fellow that it will not come out offensive but i was hoping he gets the hints from us but until now he seem to doesn't get it or there's something wrong with his olfactory senses.

(ok he's indian, i know some of you want me to spit it out)

I truly think that they don't smell themselves because they have become so accustomed to it, or as you say, his olfactory senses - they may be desensitized (or burnt out).

You can go to HR and ask them to have a word with him. It is their job to address situations that make others uncomfortable or unpleasant in the office, especially if it has to do with personal hygiene. Or just take him to the side and tell him that some of the people have talked about his personal hygiene. You never know, he may just appreciate it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Stingky meter... May 14, 2009

Ur mom's @ss :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Stingky meter... May 14, 2009
sniper420 wrote:

Ur mom's @ss :roll:

:shock: at least my moms have an @ss , your moma has none, he has a birdy :) and never changes undie LOL
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 14, 2009
I was waiting for my shawarma the other day, when the Indian guy grazes past me. He was in white short sleeved shirt and I in my sports T. As he grazed by, his arm touched mine, and then I could feel my arm get wet. The guy must've been dripping in sweat. It was Ewww!
I actually yelled out yuck, the guy immediately apologized though.

The weather here getting really humid. For people who walk out a lot...I would suggest that in addition to drinking lots of water, use a good deo stick,apply it regularly and when outdoors, carry a 500 ml bottle of electrolyte with you, like gatorade or isostar or Pocari Sweat. You get them in powder form. It does make a difference.
If you have a case of hyperhydosis, go to doc, get a consent letter, and buy some PerspireX. One of the most effective antiperspirants out there.
And don't forget to use sunscreen
Clothing:- Wear cotton or polyester as much as possible.
For pants use as much linen as possible. And if you have to wear a suit again opt for linen or there's this Indian Cotton ( Khadi) try that out.
At the beach use a Rashi,
You can't stop sweating, but you can control the odour.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2009
This is from topix written by Michelle -

"LOVE TO DISPEL this one!!.. Japanese people think westerners smell as we eat a lot of dairy.
I ate nothing but Indian food for weeks and guess what.. I could smell myself!
I KNEW that all those spices were doing my body such good! It is only a matter of diet and what you are used to.
Personally, I would rather 'smell'(only in reference to someone on a different diet) and be healthy than eat crap and bathe my body in chemicals to have any scent at all.
My Indian friends are WAY cleaner than many westerners I know and the Japanese scrub themselves for up to an hour before bathing so us white folk really need to be careful about accusing others of smelling! "
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 15, 2009
At least I have seen every Nationality stink, heard stories about French and Indian. The sun in UAE does take a toll.

One of my clients had a similar issue and I sat down and spoke to him politely and he realised and changed instantly. He just never realised it, but a nice conversation helps people like him.

I find it strange that we can rip a person behind his back, but do not have the b*lls to say the truth politely. Being upfront will help world a better place than sitting and bitc**ng.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat