Auctions

Topic locked
Auctions Apr 06, 2009
Have any of you guys had any experiences with any on line auctions in your region?

Adventure1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 06, 2009
dresden
Dubai chat master

Apr 06, 2009
lol souq bunch of thieves. u have to pay them 5% for a sale. but those fools dont understand there are ways around their shitty system.

1. you can post pictures with your telephone no :D
2. you can register many telephone numbers and many emails :D
3. you can post your telephone no by using a secret code :D yeh u do get caught and they ban yah. but by the time they get to u, you have already found 2 or 3 buyers :D

4. you sell something and u just get your buyers to post some bad experience about u. that means u sell, u get your money and souq thinks u didnt sell it cos u didnt turn up or something. u can get the buyer to write what ever u want to about the seller. :D

am quiet suprised how they still surviving.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2009
double post
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 06, 2009
there are lots of a-holes buyers at souq.com (which unfortunately the only auction site in UAE).
it happened many times with me, the winners didn't respect their bid/winning, and hesitate to pay with many excuses.
i'm turning to dubizzle classifieds now. clean and fast transaction. and most of all, it's free.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 06, 2009
xty wrote:there are lots of a-holes buyers at souq.com (which unfortunately the only auction site in UAE).

UAEmall.com not operating any more?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 07, 2009
souq.com's comments sections are hilarious, full of coded phone numbers and low-ball offers. Anyway, I buy all my crap from ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.co.hk, ebay......
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 07, 2009
got to say souq is the best. i sold so many things there made about 3000dhs just sitting there heheh :D and i didnt pay a single penny to souq theives. mind u i have been blocked from there :(
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Auctions Apr 08, 2009
Adventure1 wrote:Have any of you guys had any experiences with any on line auctions in your region?

the best i can recommend is
souq
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat