HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
HELP!!!!!!!!!! Jan 15, 2006
Hi,

I am thinking about moving to Dubai soon.

Before I can do that I need some help with finding a decent job. I have worked in sales for a very long time now (telesales and fieldsales).

Does anyone know what sort of money I can expect to earn there and also who are the best agencies to contact with regards to sales vacancies.

Thanks for any advice that can be given to me.

:D

Deedesai
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 15, 2006
hi,

better do your homework before you come here. The job market in the sales field is pretty tight. from your name may i assume you are from India?. If yes for a field sales job be ready for a basic pay of anywhere between 3500-5000 Dhms Basic salary + performance based incentives.

Since you are a fresher in the sense of dubai experience that makes it a bit more difficult.but if you are willing to slog it out you can make money.

It may sound that i am overdoing the salary part a bit but i am trying to give you a clear picture. I am from India and have been through this grind.

Jobs in telesales would be easy to acquire if you know arabic, i was from a contact center background but could not make a breakthrough on that front. Field sales jobs would be mostly for financila services, auto loans, credit cards etc. but mind you people make big money here as well. orelse you can try for collections job in a bank.If you have a background in IT sales that might be an added advantage.

Make sure your CV stands out and is well written and is to the point, coz when you respond to a ad , there are hundreds of CVS which turn in.( I am saying this out of experience).

The best way of applying would be gulf news appointments, Khaleej times appointments, gulf news classifieds. Do not fall in trap of paying any recruitment agencies for a placement. bayt.com,sos recruitment,BAC ME Clarendon parker are a few good placement agencies, expect calls from sos recruitment than others as they mostly cater to Brit and european expats.

BUT THIS ALL HAPPENS WHEN YOU COME TO DUBAI:)

Happy hunting,

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 15, 2006
Hi Jerry

Thanks for the info.

God!!!!!!!!!!!

I never imagined it would be this difficult finding a job out there.

What about things like living. How expensive is that????

And yes my family are from India but I have been brought up here. Any help you can give will be great.

Cheers
Deedesai
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 16, 2006
Hi,

I would say apart from the rent everything else is pretty good. the rents are skyrocketing and there seems to be remote possiblity that they come down in near future.

It depends on your style of living people who are paid as littile as 5000 Dhms end up saving about 2000 dhms. or people who are paid 20000 end up saving notihing. Now this depends whether you have a family with you or you are single. If you have family and children the cost of education transportation etc comes in the picture. I cannot comment on school fee structure as i dont know much about it.

A studio flat in a prime location can cost anywhere between 3000-4000 dhms per month(thats whithout water and electricity). One has a option of sharing accomdation which comes cheaper say around 1500-2000 depending on locality. If you are looking for a single bedroom to 2 bedroom apartment be ready to sheel out 60000-85000 yearly depending on the locality. You might find cheaper accomdation but then they are far from the city center.

Food is pretty cheap and there are ample of groceries around. It depends on where you buy it from supermarkets charge a bit higher small groceries a bit cheaper. green vegetables for couple of people from a smalltime grocery may cost around 40-50 dhms per week. Meat chicken - 9 dhms for a full chicken. Red meat around 15-20 dhms per kg(from a mutton shop). A 3 ltr bottle of juice around 11 dhms. milk - 16 dhms for 3 ltrs.

There are a lot of cafes and restaurants around from very cheap to very costly depending on your lifestyle. Fastfood joints are ample and standard feature of every mall.

LOcal tarnsport though not good on its reach towards the outskirts, to travel withing the city is excellent. you can get a pass for 90 dhms for a month and travel anywhere you want. orelse the ticket normally costs 1.5 dhms to 2 dhms for a oneway trip.

Taxis can be expensive the starting meter is 3.5 dhms and a average trip costs around 15 dhms, for long distances be prepared to shell out around 40-60 dhms.

I hope this answers a lot of your questions.:)

Take care,

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 16, 2006
hi Jerry,

thanks once again.

yes this really gives me an insight ito the kind of costs which I should bear in mind.

Any idea of any estate agents or who I can contact for accomodation???
Deedesai
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 16, 2006
hi again,

Real estate agents tend to rip you off with commission, so its better you directly contact the landlords, once you land in dubai pick up gulf news classifieds and properties and go through it. it will give you contact for all the major real estate companies as well as landlords.

Take care,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2006
Hello Jerry :D ,

Been reading and I honestly say, and I notice that you’re very concerned and sincere in your advises.

Anyway, I’m planning to hunt for a job in Dubai and I hope you can give suggestion on my concerns. First of all I am a computer science graduate and been with education for 7 years (computer instructor). Any field of job will do for me, still single, male. My plans are to visit Dubai somewhere May this 2006 and find a job direct in Dubai…. Will that work? Is it easy to have a working permit if ever I find a job?

Thanks and hoping to hear from you soon….

Pinoy_Ako
Pinoy_Ako
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai