Sandboards!!!

Topic locked
Sandboards!!! Jul 29, 2006
Hey People!!!

Does anybody here know where I could buy a sandboard from!!!!

cheers

devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Sandboards!!! Mar 19, 2009
[quote="devilsdiciple"]Hey People!!!

Does anybody here know where I could buy a sandboard from!!!!

cheers[/quote]

Hello!

The best and only place in Dubai to get nice sandboards is NORTH WEST MARINE (L.L.C)

Al Huraiz Show Room No : 3.
Damascus Street, Al Qusais Industrial Area No : 1.
P.O.Box : 85348.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Tel: +971-4-2670330.
Fax: +971-4-2670307.

Hapy sand surfing!

Cheers!
justmoved
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 20, 2009
We used to use snowboards for sandsking in the tourist industry. Trust me its a bugger sport. Once you fall down, and trust me you will, you will have fine powdery sand in every crevice of your body. And then the climb back to the top of the dune is a real PITA. Remember no ski lifts !

And you really need to find a HUGE Dune and then get on top of it, for the rde down to last for more than 10 seconds
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 21, 2009
[quote="desertdudeshj"]We used to use snowboards for sandsking in the tourist industry. Trust me its a bugger sport. Once you fall down, and trust me you will, you will have fine powdery sand in every crevice of your body. And then the climb back to the top of the dune is a real PITA. Remember no ski lifts !

And you really need to find a HUGE Dune and then get on top of it, for the rde down to last for more than 10 seconds[/quote]

Mate,

Those with a taste for speed and enthusiasm for an unusual sport will enjoy sand-skiing down the dunes of Dubai deserts. Special skis are used and high dunes in the interior of the desert are chosen as slopes. It is a physical sport, No Pain No Gain!
justmoved
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 21, 2009
Well Sand Sking is not a new sport its aleast 10 to 15 yrs old and really hasn't caught up. The only dunes big enough to provide any decent amout of ski time ( and trust me buddy I know my desert, having worked for donkey years as a desert safari guide here ) Are to be found in the south central and eastern regions. A minimum of 3 hrs drive by tarmac and a couple by 4x4 into the desert. A vertical 300mtr dune is nowalk on the beach to climb. let alone carrying gear as the top is mostly out of reach of 4x4's.

And facts remain the same you really don't find anyone sand sking other than the tourist for a laugh ! Like i said its a bugger of a sport, but hey if that rocks your boat then more power to you man
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai