I Have Been Sacked, Help

Topic locked
I have been sacked, help Mar 17, 2009
I have been working for eight months and received a termination letter.
I will be finished working til the end of this month. I am already confirmed to be a regular employee. Am I entitled to some benefits? Please help me know my rights, Thanks[/i]

komobee
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 17, 2009
I can't help you with that, though. Someone else surely can.

May I ask what company you work for?

Thanks.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 17, 2009
Well I hope someone here would have some answers to my concerns.
I am working in one of the biggest contractors in Dubai, LOR is the name
komobee
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 17, 2009
They surely will. There are a few very good informed veterans out there that soon pick up your story.

I just found out you are one of the 10 percent of 1900 to be shed from LOR.

http://www.constructionweekonline.com/a ... workforce/
RobbyG

Mar 17, 2009
RobbyG wrote:They surely will. There are a few very good informed veterans out there that soon pick up your story.

I just found out you are one of the 10 percent of 1900 to be shed from LOR.
http://www.constructionweekonline.com/a ... workforce/

OK, I don't know how you know he was sacked from that particular company as he didn't state what company he worked for.

But have to give credit where credit is due - interesting info.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 17, 2009
komobee wrote:I am working in one of the biggest contractors in Dubai, LOR is the name
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Re: I have been sacked, help Mar 17, 2009
komobee wrote:I have been working for eight months and received a termination letter.
I will be finished working til the end of this month. I am already confirmed to be a regular employee. Am I entitled to some benefits? Please help me know my rights, Thanks[/i]

Hi, well the same happened to me...
I am not an expert, but as far as I know, usually either they give u a notice period of 3 months (so that you have enough time to look for another job) or say they terminate you & your only working with them until end of the month then the co. gives 1 month Salary as compensation. (my case)
Also, if your a girl & have your own visa but if the co. has issued labor card for you then before you sign the final settlement to cancel the labor card you can demand* for 1 months settlement. Depends how you can negotiate with your co. I guess
sherry
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 17, 2009
Your Rights

You don't have the right to remain silent
Anything you said or did will be used and twisted against you
If you cant afford a lawyer then your in deep poo
And if you don't understand these rights as explained to you in clear Arabic, then run ....

Before the flames start, and accusations fly - this was intended as humour.

Remember you have the upper hand, they want/need you to leave but do not be unreasonable, you have no idea where that could lead you. There is strength in numbers huddle together with others from the same company at least you will know if you are getting the same as everyone else and if they try to screw you, then 50 clients turning up to engage a single lawyer is a more compeling tale of woe and misery and abuse than just you on your own.

Good luck.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 17, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
komobee wrote:I am working in one of the biggest contractors in Dubai, LOR is the name

psssst Captain!! be quiet...this is one of those few times I get credit for something from caveman. Lets treasure it OK?

:lol:
RobbyG

Mar 17, 2009
sorry, should have left it be ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 17, 2009
Ahumm,... back to the conference meeting... 8)

Where were we...Ah yes ;)
RobbyG

Mar 17, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:

Oops! I missed that. Thanks.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 17, 2009
I dont really intend to stay for long, I am planning to go back home. And Viking I dont really get you. As for Sherry, yes I am a girl and I have a labour card. Anyway thanks for the replies
komobee
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 17, 2009
RobbyG wrote:be quiet...this is one of those few times I get credit for something from caveman. Lets treasure it OK?

in your ongoing quest for attention I am glad that I could make you feel good. Its just shows that I am the better person.
Edited to ad: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 17, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:be quiet...this is one of those few times I get credit for something from caveman. Lets treasure it OK?

in your ongoing quest for attention I am glad that I could make you feel good. Its just shows that I am the better person.
Edited to ad: :lol:

Ok poll:

I say this wasn't funny at all :wink:
Who agrees keeps quiet.
Who doesn't agree, speaks out....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ps, on topic: Back this girl up people. You live there, so help her out with her rights.
RobbyG

Re: I have been sacked, help Mar 18, 2009
komobee wrote:I have been working for eight months and received a termination letter.

As far as I know you, if you have finished your probation period you will be entitled to 1 months notice and relocation to your point of origin. I do not believe that you are entitled to the 21 days per year gratuity until you have completed 1 years service. You should also be entitled to any outstanding leave allowance.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 20, 2009
ok thanks
komobee
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat