New Law To Be Passed

Topic locked
New law to be passed Mar 16, 2009
a new "community service" law is about to be lunched soon which will force traffic offenders to do community services hours instead of paying fines or jail time ( it's about time )

it's going to be soooooo funny seeing my friends with the yellow flashy uniform swapping the streets :twisted:

expat comment " yes…yes…yessssss my dream came true, finally I'll see a local cleaning the street "

well when ever my turn will come I'll post my pictures and yes I will write a book about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 16, 2009
Agreed, its about time something like this happened. Nothing brings it home more than a bit of humiliation/loss of face in front of your countrymen.
:lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 16, 2009
Yes this is a great idea. And have to agree, public humiliation is a great way to put people off offending again.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 16, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yes this is a great idea. And have to agree, public humiliation is a great way to put people off offending again.

So, are you going to be driving more sedately now?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Yes this is a great idea. And have to agree, public humiliation is a great way to put people off offending again.

is she level to a local or worse?

:shock:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 16, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

is she level to a local or worse?

:shock:

I believe that she has been known to get a ticket or two :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
Wow, any of u guys hear the of the phrase 'Dignity in labour?'
Wats wrong wit a lil street cleaning, especially locals! I mean dis is their homeland!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
Yes on the odd occassion, but I never drive like a complete fool!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 16, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Wow, any of u guys hear the of the phrase 'Dignity in labour?'
Wats wrong wit a lil street cleaning, especially locals! I mean dis is their homeland!

And you seriously think you'd get a local to 'willingly' do a meanial job? Not in a million years!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 16, 2009
com'an choc give them a small credit, they started the beach cleaning in a couple of cities.

how about you ? did you ever ? or is it still enough you singing up for that environmental site :)
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 16, 2009
Beach cleaning is different than doing it for a job though isn't it?

At least some are taking responsibility for cleaning up, shame others aren't quite with it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 16, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Beach cleaning is different than doing it for a job though isn't it?

At least some are taking responsibility for cleaning up, shame others aren't quite with it.

Most visitors here do actually clean up after them, it's the others that don't, and we have all seen them and know where they are from.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Beach cleaning is different than doing it for a job though isn't it?

Most visitors here do actually clean up after them, it's the others that don't, and we have all seen them and know where they are from.

care to elaborate?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
I think the gov shld make it compulsary 4 all locals to clean the streets once a week! Just the street in front of their houses, thats it! It would send a very positive message in enviromental consciousness! Imagine even expats would then start, especially Western and Indian suckups, who would be only too glad to dive into piles of garbage!
Cum Dec 2 n u see all locals dancing patriotism, with flags and cars plastered with pics! Not to mention fuel guzzling, and energy consumption with all those lights! Surely patriotism is more than enviromental degradation!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

care to elaborate?

Not really, if you live here then you know the kind of people I am talking about.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 23, 2009
Is this law actually being considered ?
immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: New law to be passed Mar 23, 2009
uaekid wrote:a new "community service" law is about to be lunched soon which will force traffic offenders to do community services hours instead of paying fines or jail time ( it's about time )

it's going to be soooooo funny seeing my friends with the yellow flashy uniform swapping the streets :twisted:

expat comment " yes…yes…yessssss my dream came true, finally I'll see a local cleaning the street "

well when ever my turn will come I'll post my pictures and yes I will write a book about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

HUH... this news is very old and it was already implemented in Abu Dhabi last year... it was against those guys who race on the streets... they get to do community services and swipe the streets... it was published sometime last year with a picture of locals washing the roads.

I have no clue if this law still active
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 23, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

care to elaborate?

Not really, if you live here then you know the kind of people I am talking about.

Are you referring to the beer drinking ... trashy spilling, fun sucking .... xxxxx
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 23, 2009
i couldn't find an English version of the article... taken from Emirates today Arabic. it was posted some where Summer 2008

Google Translation from Arabic to English (I know its crap)

Victims of traffic accidents reduced 16% in Abu Dhabi
541 reckless drivers Clean up the streets since December.

The Director «traffic and patrols» in Abu Dhabi Police, Colonel Hamad Adil Al Shamsi «low proportion of deaths and severe injuries in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi during the last six months about 16% compared to the same period last year».

A Shamsi on the number of drivers who applied will serve of community service cleaning the streets for a day and cleaning the schools for another day in addition to the prison sentence for a week and the seizure of the vehicle for a month was 541 in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and reckless passing in all of Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and the western region and since the application of the death of retail service community last December ».

sources (in Arabic)
http://www.emaratalyoum.com/Articles/2007/7/Pages/1620622102008072802.aspx
http://www.gulf4cars.com/vb/t21704.html
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 23, 2009
Community service helps the society and keeps people grounded. It helps them see the harsh realities of life and makes them realise about how lucky they are.

By fining a millionaire, couple of 100 dirhams does not go anywhere. Some will actually brag about the stats. This is a good step and I hope is implemented without any discrimination.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat