So What Is Realy Going On ?

Topic locked
so what is realy going on ? Mar 12, 2009
GM of Dubai immigration stated that 66,000 visa were issued throw jan-feb compared to 44,000 canceled !!

so which way Dubai is going up or down or is it a bluff

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 12, 2009
Interesting, I would have expected the number to be the opposite.

Is it a fact that many construction projects are on hold?
Do large numbers of expats work on construction projects?

These two facts would have to reduce the number of Visas. But maybe it has and there is still a huge demand in other industries.

Wait and see I suppose.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
probably visit visas for those who are still hoping to find a job here.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: so what is realy going on ? Mar 12, 2009
uaekid wrote:GM of Dubai immigration stated that 66,000 visa were issued throw jan-feb compared to 44,000 canceled !!

Was it explained how many where work or tourist?? :wink:
Sandaholic
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: so what is realy going on ? Mar 12, 2009
uaekid wrote:GM of Dubai immigration stated that 66,000 visa were issued throw jan-feb compared to 44,000 canceled !!

It's actually easy to fudge the numbers if you take a working, foreign population of 3m divided by 36 months that would mean they would have to issue 83,333 visas each month to re-new, and each residence / work visa is issued new after the old one expires, different number and everything.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2009
Here is a quote from last month;

Dubai cancelled 86 percent more residency visas in January this year compared with the same period in 2008, official figures revealed on Tuesday.

Data from Dubai’s Ministry of Interior Naturalization & Residency (DNRD) shows that 54,684 residency visas were cancelled during the month of January, compared with 29,418 in January 2008 - an 86 percent increase.

Its nothing but lies or how Sage put it mildly, fudging of numbers.

UAEkid, trust me at this point only people like you (locals) are being fooled by these officials. The rest of the world knows.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 12, 2009
I'm just wondering why they need to lie about it. More cancellations and less applications may mean more locals are joining the work force. That's what they want don't they?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Here is a quote from last month;

Dubai cancelled 86 percent more residency visas in January this year compared with the same period in 2008, official figures revealed on Tuesday.

Data from Dubai’s Ministry of Interior Naturalization & Residency (DNRD) shows that 54,684 residency visas were cancelled during the month of January, compared with 29,418 in January 2008 - an 86 percent increase.

Its nothing but lies or how Sage put it mildly, fudging of numbers.

UAEkid, trust me at this point only people like you (locals) are being fooled by these officials. The rest of the world knows.

and what is of our concern or effect on us if expats numbers goes up or down ? I can't think of any that's is v. important really.

to my opinion locals careless of this hall recession k-dog, I mean most of us got government jobs ,no rent to pay, medical are free and so on, not much to loose really if Dubai goes down and most of the locals in privet businesses are in banks and national companies. so why would they fool us? maybe just an advertising for Dubai.

but an advice to you k-dog, I see you are taking great deal of interest ,effort and stress trying to prove that Dubai is going down which is a personal choice but why do you take all this on your shoulder since you guys know what is really going on ?. kick back and relax man
uaekid

Mar 12, 2009
I guess that there has to be a positive spin because of any future potential investment in the place. Whether anybody believes it or not is a different matter.
Personally I think the governments credibility has taken one mighty hammering over the last few months.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: so what is realy going on ? Mar 14, 2009

do the 66,000 issued visas include the 40,000 visas renewals? . thus new visas would be 26,000, less than the 44,000canceled, means dubai is going down
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
less people here means less traffic. :wink: i only have 2 yrs. to spend in this country, so they can come back after 2 yrs.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2009
xero_ wrote:less people here means less traffic. :wink: i only have 2 yrs. to spend in this country, so they can come back after 2 yrs.

Wow. what a caring citizen. I wonder why Dubai has to put up with you.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2009
Snow wrote:
xero_ wrote:less people here means less traffic. :wink: i only have 2 yrs. to spend in this country, so they can come back after 2 yrs.

That is the problem. He's not a "citizen". If he was or ever had any hope of being one then his views would change because he would actually consider Dubai a possible long term home. But he is just a resident. so why should he care?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Snow wrote:

That is the problem. He's not a "citizen". If he was or ever had any hope of being one then his views would change because he would actually consider Dubai a possible long term home. But he is just a resident. so why should he care?

80 percent of Dubai aren't local emirati citizens. The problems still remain though.
Traffic congestion, road aggression, accidents, fill in the problems of a Western metropole and thats the reason he said this 'slowdown / exodus' adds to his individual joy of residing in Dubai.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Snow wrote:

the reason he said this 'slowdown / exodus' adds to his individual joy of residing in Dubai.

ya, you got that right robby. hell i cant even say what i want to right now. soon though when i leave this g.f. place.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 15, 2009
uaekid wrote:
K-Dog wrote:
to my opinion locals careless of this hall recession k-dog, I mean most of us got government jobs ,no rent to pay, medical are free and so on, not much to loose really if Dubai goes down and most of the locals in privet businesses are in banks and national companies. so why would they fool us? maybe just an advertising for Dubai.

I totally agree with you.

but an advice to you k-dog, I see you are taking great deal of interest ,effort and stress trying to prove that Dubai is going down which is a personal choice but why do you take all this on your shoulder since you guys know what is really going on ?. kick back and relax man

Au contraire little kid. Your the one who has said repeatedly that you wouldn't mind Dubai falling so Abu Dhabi can stick it to them. I'm sure this feeling is coming from the very top as you guys are all sheep. I on the other hand wish Dubai was the same so I can continue working here.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
uaekid wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

Au contraire little kid. Your the one who has said repeatedly that you wouldn't mind Dubai falling so Abu Dhabi can stick it to them. I'm sure this feeling is coming from the very top as you guys are all sheep. I on the other hand wish Dubai was the same so I can continue working here.

Well said KD
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
dee7o wrote:
Snow wrote:

Absolutely Right! We will always be guests in this country.
You Emaratis better get busy if you want to make enough babies to fill all these empty buildings
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Snow wrote:

80 percent of Dubai aren't local emirati citizens. The problems still remain though.
Traffic congestion, road aggression, accidents, fill in the problems of a Western metropole and thats the reason he said this 'slowdown / exodus' adds to his individual joy of residing in Dubai.

For someone who has never lived in Dubai you talk as if you were somewhere in the middle of everything that is happening here. Your info is taken from print sources of your choice, not first hand.

Talk about what you know. Uhh, Holland??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Snow wrote:

For someone who has never lived in Dubai you talk as if you were somewhere in the middle of everything that is happening here. Your info is taken from print sources of your choice, not first hand.

I don't know who you are, but you should clear your ground.
My broad interest in the world and years of investment appetite made me who I am today. You can say whatever you want to me, but I know what I'm talking about. And I still learn everyday.
So if you want to get ahead of me in some way, start expanding that kitty brain of yours. You have no say in my appetite for knowledge. You do have a say in any discussion regarding topics you know about or you simply want to learn from. Participation is free.

Get outta my way. You're getting annoying now.
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
dee7o wrote:
Snow wrote:

I don't know who you are, but you should clear your ground.
My broad interest in the world and years of investment appetite made me who I am today. You can say whatever you want to me, but I know what I'm talking about. And I still learn everyday.
So if you want to get ahead of me in some way, start expanding that kitty brain of yours. You have no say in my appetite for knowledge. You do have a say in any discussion regarding topics you know about or you simply want to learn from. Participation is free.

Get outta my way. You're getting annoying now.

Yes, you are just a fountain of knowledge. It doesn't change the fact that you don't live in Dubai, are critical of Emiratis and probably never met one or spent time with them, has a lot to say on what is going on here, yet, you never lived here. Again, you take what you read, selectively, and put your own stamp on it. You don't speak from experience.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
I just said two things about emirati's, slightly critical and yet you stamped me already after months of talk and openness about the culture of Dubai.

Thats not really fair. Its says alot about you Kitty.
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
uaekid wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

oh com'aan now nigga whats with the hostility ?

well what I said is I do wish for AD to take over so the same problems and frauds wont happen again, I'm sorry but Dubai put too much trust in the wrong people !!! AD is more stable, not a show off and think twice before getting them selves in awkward positions.

You wishing Dubai good things ? I guess your posts speaks your wishes clearly and you do not deserve being in such a country if you ask me.
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat