30 Days DOES Mean 30 Days!!

Topic locked
30 days DOES mean 30 days!! Feb 28, 2009
:twisted:
Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the above is true, I have the receipt to prove it. I told them of conversations with Immigration, and while they listened & were polite thay said I could appeal to immigation and if they relented I would still have only one days grace to extend. I gave up and paid. I got the re entry and another 30 days plus 10 which I asked the manager to write in my passport and he showed me it was on the computer too. Must go need a drink.

Hilbo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 01, 2009
Yes, it's a common trap. Newspaper reports often say one or two months instead of 30 or 60 days which doesn't help.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 02, 2009
They do tend to make it up as they go along. However it depends where you're from aswell.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2009
So it's changed then? Last year it was definitely 60 days, because me and a dozen others I know did it. We were from the lucky 30 though.

Hilbo are you from one of the 30th 'visa on arrival' counties? Thanks for the info too.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 03, 2009
Yeah, it's definitely changed. Mrs Scratcher is from one of the 30+ countries and only received a 30day visit visa when she arrived through the airport in late December. The DNRD office confirmed that it was only valid for the 30 days and not 60 days as before. (It can be extended to 60 days at the DNRD office by paying the fee - approx 700dhs).

Subsequent trips to Oman through Hatta have also only received 30 day visa stamps.

Scratcher
Scratcher
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 03, 2009
FYI - For the 60 day visit visa I got last year (several actually) the stamp always said "30 days", but it was unofficially ok for 60 days.

But if you confirmed it with the DNRD office then it must be.

Crap, what's the point of this little change then? Visa department realised they had not caused any major distress and confusion lately so they had a brainstorming session and came up with this?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 03, 2009
Yeah, we kew that. Last year Mrs Scratcher had a few 60 day stamps and a one 30 day stamp which was confirmed at the DNRD office as being valid for 60 days. But the 30 day stamps from the end of December are only valid for 30 days.....

...if that makes any sense!!!

Scratcher
Scratcher
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 07, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:So it's changed then? Last year it was definitely 60 days, because me and a dozen others I know did it. We were from the lucky 30 though.

Hilbo are you from one of the 30th 'visa on arrival' counties? Thanks for the info too.

I am a uk citizen
Hilbo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: 30 days DOES mean 30 days!! Mar 08, 2009
Hilbo wrote::twisted:
Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the above is true, I have the receipt to prove it. I told them of conversations with Immigration, and while they listened & were polite thay said I could appeal to immigation and if they relented I would still have only one days grace to extend. I gave up and paid. I got the re entry and another 30 days plus 10 which I asked the manager to write in my passport and he showed me it was on the computer too. Must go need a drink.

The German wife of a friend of mine flew in Dubai last Thursday. She said she was stamped for 30 days but she asked the lady Immigration officer if she could stay longer than 30 days. The officer told her she could stay a further 30 days with no fines. Go figure!

Well..I know for a fact that there is 10-day grace period, but staying beyond that sounds risky in view of the latest changes you've just mentioned.

Welcome to the ever-changing Dubai!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2009
The only safe thing to do is assume 30 day validity at the moment. Even if you get told it's 60 days on entry, what will you do if you get a fine on exit?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 21, 2009
I flew into Dubai in late December 2008 and my passport was stamped with the "Valid 60 days from date of arrival". I'm flying back out to Dubai this Wednesday so if I remember I'll post here and tell you guys what I get this time round.

PS I'm Scottish. NOT British. Lol.

RossBaku :-D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 21, 2009
Yes, as of 1st of Jan this year they allow only 30 days from entry, although through out Jan they were still stamping people's passports with 60 days when they were only putting 30 into the system.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum