Lost Labour Card And Driving License

Topic locked
lost labour card and driving license Feb 17, 2009
i lost my labour card and driving license in sharjah airport 2 days back. i reported the incident to airport police same day. i was told to call them back after 2 days. i did and i was informed that they didn't get my wallet and to register complaint to sharjah police. i tried calling them more than 15 times. the call either goes unanswered or gets transferred here and there and nobody is willing to register the complaint.

does anyone here know what's the procedure ?!

gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
Go in person!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 17, 2009
yup. i'll do that in the evening.

i think they'll explain the procedures.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
you'll anyway need a police report to file for a new labour card . the police will give you a report after their "investigation". this may take time. the other documentaion such employer's letter/trade license shiuld be the same. but your company PRO would be able to take care of that. just get the police report. (Dhs 500 for the new labour card.)

not sure of the license though. probably the same might apply.

reason for the police reports is because these are identity documents that can be misused if in the wrong hands.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 17, 2009
I'm not sure but in AD if you lose such cards you have to go to a police station near you (CID) and file a lost document report then take that paper they will give you and submitte it to the authorities Labor office % traffic dep ) whom will issue you the replacement card. sometime they force you to put a 3 days add in the news paper for a lost card !! stupid but what to do.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 17, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:yup. i'll do that in the evening.

i think they'll explain the procedures.

I don't think the police here file complaints over the phone anyway.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat