Flash/AS Developer In Dubai?

Topic locked
Flash/AS developer in Dubai? Jan 28, 2009
I am wondering if it's worth moving to Dubai (from London) to find a job as a Flash/AS developer, or will I have to compete with Indians that will accept a 2K AED/ Month? :?

Simonee
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Flash/AS developer in Dubai? Jan 29, 2009
Simonee wrote:I am wondering if it's worth moving to Dubai (from London) to find a job as a Flash/AS developer, or will I have to compete with Indians that will accept a 2K AED/ Month? :?

err I think you have the wrong line of work. If you intend to compete with people who make 2K AED/month, you must be talking about cleaning the streets. We need people like you in the recession hit economy.

What happened? Gordon kicking you out?
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 29, 2009
Simonee, you'd be wasting your time trying to compete with low cost developers. Most Asians (Indians etc.) pretty much have the same coding skills as someone from the US/Europe. Unless you live a bare-bones lifestyle or are targeting a managerial kind of role, I wouldn't suggest that you come here.

Perhaps you could look into getting a job in the software translation group at Adobe. I'm sure they might have an office down here that caters to the Arabic segment.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum