Question

Topic locked
question Dec 30, 2008
hi all

i'm new to this forum and just need a heads up.
is there a post floating around here covering Dubai Employment Scams etc?
A friend of mine said I must come look here, but I have no idea where to even start looking.

naturegal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2008
It'll either be in the jobs section or the expat help section. There are certain companies you should stay away from.

Basically the rule of thumb is, no employment agency worth their salt, will charge you for registering or trying to find you work. They get their money from the companies who come to them to find staff.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 30, 2008
ok, I will go have a look there.

So in other words, no money upfront? mmm

thanks for the reply ;)
naturegal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2008
There is a chain email for Brit-Fil company that suck out some money from their employee... it has a CAD on the end of its name = avoid that if i were you.
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008
No way, no how!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 30, 2008
thanks guys for being so helpful :) much appreciated
naturegal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 02, 2009
How did your job search go?
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 02, 2009
Desert Scorpion wrote:How did your job search go?

Unfortunately no luck. With the worldwide recession, people are thinking twice about hiring :(

SO back to hunting for me... so much fun

but thanks for asking ;)
naturegal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: question Feb 03, 2009
naturegal wrote:is there a post floating around here covering Dubai Employment Scams etc?

There are plenty (often started by the companies themselves). Try searching for employment scams. The National newspaper was reporting on Global Recruiters this week (same stuff that was in the Gulf News last year). Or have a look at this list of Dubai employment scams (sort of) :).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 03, 2009
can someone please describe the type of scams, what schemes are being perpetrated? the reason i ask is because ihave had many friends go to dubai for employment and so far so good with each and all. my personal rule is that never pay for this kind of service. a legitimate placing agency/recruiter will place you and get paid by the company hiring. i do not see any other way one can get scammed? any more insight on this topic?

Sunil
http://www.dubai-information-site.com
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: question Feb 03, 2009
bonk wrote:
naturegal wrote:is there a post floating around here covering Dubai Employment Scams etc?

There are plenty (often started by the companies themselves). Try searching for employment scams. The National newspaper was reporting on this week (same stuff that was in the Gulf News last year). Or have a look at this list of Dubai employment scams (sort of) :).

thanks for the info hey, much appreciated, will have a browse :D
naturegal
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat